Speaker advice on a Mesa 5:50 plus

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mytone

Reaction score
Getting ready to convert my 112 combo into a head and 212 cabinet. What speaker would you guys pair with the mesa C90? Or would you just get another C90 and run 2 of those? I really like this amp by the way and I'm from a cork sniffing crowd. :lol:

mytone said:
Have you tried the v30 and c 90 and had good results?
I have no personal experience with this combination, but you can search this board and find that many people have been happy with it. :)

Is this V30 made to MESA specs. The reason I'm asking is that I bought a used TRAYNOR YCV 40 7 - 8 years ago and it was equipped with a V30. I hated that speaker. It was shrill and raspy with no low end punch. Before I got rid of the amp I was running a Cannabis Rex in it. Along with better tubes, the CR was a great match for that amp.

The Mesa V30 has some differences, but I don't know the technical differences.

What I do know is it pairs well with the C-90.

JMHO,

TW

Authorized Boogie said:
The V30 that is made for us is still manufactured in the UK, and not in China. Thanks!

Thanks,

Can you give us some technical insight or at least some insight into the differences between the "regular" V30 and the Mesa? I know, for example, the Mesa has a higher db rating. I have read the highs are cut off and the bass is greater.

All I know is the Mesa V30 and C-90 work really well together. For the Mesa V30 the bass is excellent and the highs are not excruciating, like I've read about the original. This comes from a 5:25 and 5:25 + owner--even when using the combo amp by itself--w/o the 1/12 extension cab.

TW

twally said:
Authorized Boogie said:
The V30 that is made for us is still manufactured in the UK, and not in China. Thanks!

Thanks,

Can you give us some technical insight or at least some insight into the differences between the "regular" V30 and the Mesa? I know, for example, the Mesa has a higher db rating. I have read the highs are cut off and the bass is greater.

All I know is the Mesa V30 and C-90 work really well together. For the Mesa V30 the bass is excellent and the highs are not excruciating, like I've read about the original. This comes from a 5:25 and 5:25 + owner--even when using the combo amp by itself--w/o the 1/12 extension cab.

TW

The only difference is that they are made in the UK, whereas common V30's are made in China. The C90 is custom made for us, to our specs. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back