Solo boost Mark V vs Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMz

Reaction score
As I was fiddling with the MkV I noticed a peculiar thing a bout the solo boost. Compared to my Roadster it functions quite differently.

On the roadster, once engaged, the solo control only takes effect when you surpass the setting on the output level control. So If you have your output, say at 10:00, the solo boost will only boost your signal if you exceed the 10:00 setting on the output level.

On the MkV, The solo boost seems to act independently of the setting on the output level control. So, using the example above, say you have the output level at 10:00, once engaged, the solo boost takes effects immediately you turn the knob up. So it could set as little as 8:00, you can hear the signal boost. In that fashion, the solo boost is relative to the output level so that if you increase the output level, the solo level will increase accordingly and in the same proportion.

Does your MkV reacts this way? Sorry for asking but since I got this amp second hand it is good to know that everything is working the ways it is supped to.

Thanks!

No exp here w/ Mk5 or Roadster, however the solo function on both my RKII and Triple-rec function as you describe your 5. Solo is "more" no matter where it's set...say output is at 11:00, solo at 9:00 is a substantial boost.

Latest posts

Back