• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD!!!, Mesa Boogie Quad preamp, QCX Ground control System

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timv

Reaction score
This was sold. Thanks dominick9998 for the quick local deal.
155_5592.jpg

155_5593.jpg

155_5594.jpg

155_5595.jpg

155_5596.jpg

This is an older Mesa Boogie Quad preamp with some cosmetic issues(missing knobs, power light) but functions 100%. This preamp sounds great the only real issue is no footswitch. I bought a fu2-a off ebay but it doesn't work, the old quads need the fu2. I spoke to Mike B at mesa about it and it could be sent in to mesa and have a mod that will make the older quads work with the newer footswitch or and mark 4 footswitch for $200. I'll include the footswitch with the sale. It will have a mix of preamp tubes installed, mesa, sovtek. The person at mesa who would do the mod is George Mueller, he takes part of a mark IV board and makes it work in the quad...

155_5597.jpg

155_5600.jpg

156_5601.jpg

156_5602.jpg

156_5603.jpg

To switch this when I got it I bought the voodoo lab ground control GCX system. This setup works excellent, you can program the switches and loops 100's of ways and can switch the channels, reverb on/off or boost and the eq's.... I bought these both brand new for $400 a piece. They have no scratches, barely used, I just figured out that I'm not a rack kind of guy.......

I'm asking $350 for the quad, and i'll inlcude the fu2a footswitch, I paid a bit over $50 for that).

I'm asking $275 for the voodoo lab GCX guitar audio switcher and
$275 for the voodoo lab ground control pro footswitch.

I'll sell the whole deal for $800 and I'll include all the little cables I bought to use, around 10 little patch cables, a long midi cable, etc....

I'll take paypal or money order and we can work out shipping depending on location etc.....

Here's some links about the control system:
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcontrolpro.htm
http://www.voodoolab.com/gcx.htm

I have great feedback on ebay and some deals on here.
Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking.

Not taken yet.... I believe you can get new knobs from mesa. The ones for the pots are the same as newer mark series amps and those can still be bought, and the eq sliders knobs are available. I was going to send it to mesa and have the footswitch mod done and have them put the knobs etc... on but, I'm not using it enough to justify it. I also figured if someone else had a footswitch or wanted to use midi, they wouldn't have to put that money into it.

Whats the shipping cost to 93033? I am bidding on one on ebay, and it ends tonight. If it falls through I may very well pick it up from you.

Latest posts

Back