So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is the boogie board, but I envy you because of that orange!

Nice addition to your family there Platypus.
I see you still have the Fulltone OCD.
How do you like it & have you used it on the D.R. clean channel?

prs1999 said:
Nice addition to your family there Platypus.
I see you still have the Fulltone OCD.
How do you like it & have you used it on the D.R. clean channel?

Thanks!

The pedal shines on any amp I've used it on, I absolutely love it. On the Orange I run the tone a bit higher to make up for the dark british nature (in process of getting a treble booster for it) and the volume all the way up with gain down.

On the DR clean it adds a shimmer to the EL34's that I can't quite put my finger on but its presence can definetly be felt. It fattens up the tone and adds tons of harmonics to the notes. I actually use it as a boost for the 2nd and 3rd channel most often. I haven't used my first channel much on the DR after getting the orange.

On the 2nd/3rd channels it really opens this amp up.

I love this pedal :D

Thanks brudda,
I'll have to keep an eye on E-Bay for one.
Or just spoil myself and give Musictoyz a call on a new one.
He always has pretty good prices and I can talk shop without getting the"hurry up and order" vibe.

uuuhhh! you all make me crazy dreaming your amps! just have got a line6 spider 1x12"..... :( :( :(

Just picked up a "drip edge" 68 Super Reverb.. This is an absolutely awesome blues amp... I think I'm in LOVE!!
ax. 8)

hans-jürgen said:
* 1979 Mesa Boogie Mark IIB head 60w (no reverb, no EQ, modified lead channel for less bass) with self-built 1x12" EV12L Thiele cab
* Early 1962 Fender Bassman head (rough white tolex with brown front plate, white knobs and maroon grille cloth, 6G6-A circuit with solid state rectifier)
* 1969 Marshall JMP 50w Plexi combo (1986 bass circuit with tremolo, EL34, solid state rectifier and 2 original G12H30 greenbacks 55Hz, basketweave grille cloth)
* ~1972 Marshall 4x12" cabinet (with 2 original G12M25 greenbacks and 2 mid '70s G12H30 blackbacks, large checkerboard grille cloth)

Can't believe I didn't spam the board with my usual pictures yet... ;)

boogie+box.jpg
fehmarn_buehne.jpg

bassman.jpg

tokais_focus.jpg

tokais2005.jpg

marshall_front.jpg

marshall_jmp.jpg

marshall_plexi.jpg

marshall_tubes2.jpg

marshall_tubes1.jpg

marshall_back.jpg

A list of uploaded band demos done with some of that gear:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=28073#28073

4_1_204.gif

hans-jürgen, that is some nice vintage gear. That Marshall cane grill are not too common here in the US.

How do you hear yourself playing the Les Paul on the right (one without pickups)?
4_1_72.gif
Lol

RR said:
hans-jürgen, that is some nice vintage gear. That Marshall cane grill are not too common here in the US.
I think it's called two-tone brown basketweave, or is cane just another name for it? You can see its structure in the 4th and 5th picture. Anyhow, it seems to be very rare to be used on "Bluesbreaker" combos from 1969.

How do you hear yourself playing the Les Paul on the right (one without pickups)?
4_1_72.gif
Lol
That's the one for the unplugged sessions, I found out that this eliminates the string pull of the magnets, so the guitar sounds much more open that way. :wink:

Here' my line up:

1)'85 Mesa/Boogie Mk III Simulclass long head (black tolex) through a Marshall 1960AV 4-12 (I *heart* Vintage 30's)

2)'82 Mesa/Boogie MkIIb "blonde" combo, 60 watts, reverb, no eq. (Celestion GT12-75 is in it right now, but I'm putting the original EV back in)

3)'59 Fender Bassman Reissue (For sale, btw)

4)60's Kay tube amp, not sure of model, (it was my first amp) but it has 2-12's, a normal & tremelo channel (with a "Volume" & "Tone" knob on each channel) and has 2 6L6's. Amp is not working right now, but I plan on making it a restoration project after I get a couple of electronics classes under my belt.

Amps I used to own:

60's Harmony tube amp (not sure which model it was) This was actually my first amp, bought it at a garage sale for $10, played it once, kept shocking me through my guitar, quit using it, got the Kay a couple of months later.

Marshall Master Lead 30 watt solid state combo.

Crate 1500XL? half stack (I don't like Crate amps, & their cabinets are even worse!)

Marshall JCM 900 Master Volume (2500) 50 watt through a 1960A 4-12 cab (I don't like the GT12-75's as much as the Vintage 30's, but they are still better than the crap Crate puts in their cabs, I actually played my Crate head through this cab for a couple of months after having a string of bad luck with my Crate cab)

'64 Bandmaster
'68 Bassman 2X10 combo
'73 Deluxe Reverb
'75 VibroChamp
'89 SOB w/Thiele 1X12
'91 SVT II
assorted SS bass and guitar amps

100_0133.jpg

Left to right:
86' MkIII (Red Stripe) Simul-Class
84' MkIIC+ 60 watt
84' MkIIC+ Simul-Class (Woody)
72' Deluxe Reverb(65' Blackfaced)
66' Pro Reverb
69' Bassman Head(David Allen Modded)
66' Bassman Head (Allen Modded)
66' Bassman cab (Weber California loaded)
75' Champ
66' Princeton Reverb
76' Vibrolux Reverb
64' Vibroverb Repro.
69' Vibrolux Reverb (not in pic at time)

That is a nice tremolo 50 but I think you should invest in a cover for it. That dust isn't too friendly and it appears you have got a lot of it.

I have a 77 JMP Master Model 50 watt MkII Lead that I have an original heavy cover on. I had to clean my JCM800 2210 too many times.

I have an Ampeg VL-501 on a pair of matching Ampeg cabs.

Other cabs I own are 1960 ax, JCM800 1960a, JCM900 1960a and b.

Of course, I have a MarkIVa.... that is the reason I come here.

Kustom KLA-20 20 watt practice amp, almost 10 years old and still chuggin haha!

Marshall AVT275 2x75 watt Stereo Combo

-AJH

Amps:
'67 Fender Silverface Bassman, vertical 2x12 cab with Kustom alnico's.
1971 Fender Musicmaster Bass Amp.
1981 Musicman RD115 combo
Mesa Boogie Bass 400+ (shockmounted w/4 space SUS-4) RR 2x10 & two RR 1x15's.
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmount Black Chassis
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre/Simul 295 Stereo racked in 6 space SUS-4.
Mesa Boogie Mark IIB black on black 60w/'verb/no eq
Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ Wood 'n' Wicker 60w/'verb/eq
Mesa Boogie Standard Recto cab
Mesa Boogie Road Ready 4x12 Vintage 30 loaded.
Mesa Boogie V-twin pedal

Yeah, my car's a p.o.s.

1) 2004 Road King combo
2) 2005 Genz Benz El Diablo 60w 1x12 combo
3) either a late 60s or a 1970 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silver face, I've never figured out the actual date

Other past amps were (since 2003): 5150 Combo * '73 Twin * Peavey Classic 30 * Behringer GMX210 * Behringer V-Ampire * (2) Rocktron Replitones * Spider 2x12 * HD147 * Vetta II * Peavey XXX * Peavey 5150 head * Triple Rectifier * Rectoverb combo * Crate Powerblock * Tremoverb head * Tremoverb combo *

I think that about covers it, and that's probably gonna change in a few months too :wink:

wow.. some impressive lists of amps in this thread..

I only have a TriAxis / 2:90 / 2 - 4x12 (standard)
a LoneStar 2x12 combo
an old Studio .22 without EQ
and a Line 6 POD v 2

.50 Caliber with EL 84's, but no eq, purchased brand spanking new in 1987 after I sold my car.

Quad pre from around the same era, purchased off of eBay about a year ago.

I use the .50 caliber for power until I decide on what kind of power amp I want. It sounds great now, but I'd have to get a bigger rack to put it all in one box.

In the 8 space rack:
Furman power conditioner
Digitech valve FX (mostly for the parametric eq)
Korg Tuner
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Speakers:
Mesa 90w black shadow (celestion) in the combo
Marshall 4X12 from their Solid State line (until I find a half back)

I used to run the Boogie through a Peavey Mace, a 2X12, and a 4X12 with a dummy load. Sounded ballsy, but too heavy to carry!

Back