So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, im Ralf, from Germany
i'm using Two Quads, one for stage, one on spare, over a rocktron mosfet amp 2x75W ( due carriage , backbone issues ) over a 2x 12 Boogie halfback cabinet. And
for fun and sessions a beastiful and beautiful Mark 4 imbuya / wicker Combo.

Im no gain hunter, use no effects, going straight for blues/ boogie music

Greetings
RR

Here are my 'loudmakers'....

1.1 Amp-Group 2019-11.JPG

Express 5:25+ with matching Compact-Cab
Mooer RedTruck
Tech 21 TradeMark 30 and LandMark 60

1.2 Amp-Group 2021-12.jpg

Crate V-5 and PowerBlock
Fender Chmpion 50XL

I own a Mesa Quad + Strategy 500, a Vox AD 120 VT and I'm on a journey to build my own mesa-inspired amplifier!
I don't have time to play much these days, also because in my area there isn't much people to play with... Still I cherish my "little" amps :)

Boogie Mark IIb 60/100 Combo, white w/EV12 (I'm original owner), Mark IIc+ 60w Cherry Sunburst Combo, Mark III (blue stripe) Simul Class Combo, Mark IVa long head, Mark V head, TA15 head, Scout Bass combo, Subway D800 head.
Cabs: 1x12 Express, 2x12 Recto, 2x12 Roadster, 1x12 white Ext. cab (for above MkIIb).
Sold: Mark IV 1x12 Combo, Stiletto Deuce head, Mark III (Red Stripe) Combo (Hardwood).
Yes, apparently I'm a Mesa Nerd

I had a Mark IV loved it but was very heavy, also had an Express 5:25 my most hated amp of all time, I currently own an F30 that I really like

Hi, im Ralf, from Germany
i'm using Two Quads, one for stage, one on spare, over a rocktron mosfet amp 2x75W ( due carriage , backbone issues ) over a 2x 12 Boogie halfback cabinet. And
for fun and sessions a beastiful and beautiful Mark 4 imbuya / wicker Combo.

Im no gain hunter, use no effects, going straight for blues/ boogie music

Greetings
RR

Attachments

• 61C9A0B5-2743-48AF-93E8-4B13B1184C7F.jpeg
    61C9A0B5-2743-48AF-93E8-4B13B1184C7F.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 0
Older pic of LH- Stiletto Trident Stage 1 EL-34's atop 2 EVH 2x12 cabs with Celestion G12-H's, I like these speakers with the ST. RH-Mark 5 6L6's 90W atop Rectifier 4x12 with V30's. I run these stereo, best of both worlds IMO.
Also, 1976 Fender Champ silver face, HiWatt 5 watt head w/ Orange cab, SS Fender princeton reverb's' in stereo. Orange SS mini.

Attachments

• 3BLK-+.jpg
    3BLK-+.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 0
1991 Bubinga Boogie Mark IV-A short combo (EVM Black Shadow) and a '76 Hiwatt DR103 with an '82 Hiwatt 4x12 with Fanes. Oh and a Boss Katana 50 Mk. II combo.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpeg
    IMG_2355.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0324.jpeg
    IMG_0324.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Mark IIB+, SimulClassed by Mr. Mike Bendinelli
Fender Blues Jr. modded by Bill M
Epiphone Valve Jr. Bitmo modded
Tech 21 Trademark 10
SWR LA Series Bass Amp
70s Pignose

But altogether: 2 x 72 Princeton Reverbs, Mesa Boogie King Snake,65 Bassman ,78 100w Marshall JMP,62 Brownface Princeton, 96 Diezel Blueface VH 4, Diezel Paul, 65 Fender Super Reverb, 55 Vibro Champ, Vox Brian May,Blackstar ID:3 at home, Leslie Solid State

I have a King Snake #27 and I have a Trans Atlantic 30 1x12 combo. The TA30 started smoking at practice one night and I took it to a Mesa certified repair man who changed out the output resistor. Had it back and played it for about an hour to see if it was working then shelved it for about 6 months as I had a Vox combo I had started to use at practice. Pulled out the TA30 about 6 months later and decided to practice at home with it and it began smoking again within a couple hours. I would say the repair guy didn't identify the actual cause as to why the output resistor failed the first time, just replaced it. The King Snake on the other hand always fires up and sounds just as good as you would expect it to. Very cool amp.

I have a King Snake #27 and I have a Trans Atlantic 30 1x12 combo. The TA30 started smoking at practice one night and I took it to a Mesa certified repair man who changed out the output resistor. Had it back and played it for about an hour to see if it was working then shelved it for about 6 months as I had a Vox combo I had started to use at practice. Pulled out the TA30 about 6 months later and decided to practice at home with it and it began smoking again within a couple hours. I would say the repair guy didn't identify the actual cause as to why the output resistor failed the first time, just replaced it. The King Snake on the other hand always fires up and sounds just as good as you would expect it to. Very cool amp.
Check out Matthias Lindermayr „Lang Tang“ on Spotify/Apple Music/Amazon Music etc….i produced that record and ALL the guitars were recorded using the King Snake…..

I did check it out and I found the album to be a very pleasant smooth jazz. Obviously, the guitars are back in the mix behind Matthias's trumpet, but I could hear that you were able to achieve a very nice clean sound with the Snake Skin, especially on the later tracks. Maybe just a hint of break up on one of the tracks. Not sure what guitars are being used, but I found that the Snake Skin sounded best (to my ears) with P90s either clean or dirty particularly on channel 2.

My main amps are still MkIIA, Coliseum IIB, IIC+, MK IV and King Snake. I've sold a few rackmount amps and peripherals, but I've still got the Studio/395 - that'll probably go some time this year as well.

The MkIIs (A to C+) all get used, though not as much as in former decades. My main amp remains the big IIB: even on half-power it's still huge, and it is also the best compromise between the cleans of the A and the drive of the C+.

The King Snake is a great amp, however, and if any of the Boogies could be said to be capable of "subtlety" it'd be this one. It's versatile, and quite capable of standing in for some of my best non-Boogie amps. I've also tried it with a variety of external speakers over the last ten years or so, and I still feel I haven't discovered its full potential. It's also ridiculously good-looking.....!

I'm not a collector. I have 2 Fillmores. A 50 and a 25. I play out with either. I practice with the 25. Easy to carry.....but it will work fine in a live situation. I see some of the folks here on this board and wondered whether the people who have so many amps play out with them or just have them sitting around. That's a lot of hardware just in the the corner. Do you have a studio? So you can have a variety of tones to satisfy the need. Especially the stacks. No that there's anything wrong with having three stacks on your garage. I'm an old school guitar guy. I hate seeing stuff not being used just laying around. But if you're a collector......great...don't mind me I was curious.

Latest posts

Back