slave out c+ ( part 2 )

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslayer

Reaction score
has anyone had any luck with slave out of their c+?

ive been messing with it the last couple of days and it still sounds pretty rough

im going slave out to lexicon lambda into computer ( reaper) even with the slave set low and the lambda set low it has a very gritty sound thats been difficult to tame , even with various vst plugins

any suggestions or tips?

thanks

I asked a similar question in the other forum. Why not use the PREAMP out jack?

Nevermind - I answered my own question when I tried using the preamp out of my Mark IIB. On my amp, and apparently Mark IV amps, the preamp out jack ignores the graphic EQ, which I find essential for tone shaping on these amps.

gts said:
Here's the thread should you revisit the subject at some time.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46743

thanks

yeah i saw that post after i started this one...even with the volume on the slave out and the volume on my interface wayyyyy down it still sounds like crapola...

when i mic the 4x12 up with the shure and record it sounds alot clearer and defined than using the slave out method

boogieslayer said:
forget slave out and effects out..after a whole buncha messin around it still sounds like shiat lol

i went back to my trusty shure and just mic'd it up :)

That's probably because you connected the slave out of your amp directly into your recording interface, hit "record" and just heard the tone of the amp being slaved into your interface. OF COURSE that sounds like poop.

What you need to do is try cabinet impulses. Not sure if you know what they are, but do yourself a favor and look them up. Right now. You're welcome. :)

no i didnt know what there were..

i started reading up on them last nite..

basically its and extra blank signal run back thru the amp then back out thru the slave to the interface to improve the output sound correct? or is it added after the recording within your daw?

the slave out is from a tap on the output transformer, so it contains the whole amp.

the preamp out is after the preamp and before the poweramp, so it only contains the preamp. That's why slave outs are used in big rigs and such instead of effects sends/preamp outs.

Latest posts

Back