Single Recto vs. Dual Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do u prefer?

• Single Recto

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dual Recto

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grandor

Reaction score
What do you prefer?
And why?
Series 2 single versus series 2 dual.
Not rectoverb or tremoverb.

I can tell you right now that the dual recto is gonna win this one.

Anywho..

as far as the later generations go I actually prefer the single.

Contrary to popular belief, the single is practicaly as loud as its larger brothers.

EDIT: If any you post that you like the DR better because "its louder"
please kick yourself in the nuts for me and stop making statements about amplifiers in a public setting :evil:

Sure the others have more headroom, but since I play high gain stuff 99% of the time, I dont need headroom on my dirty channel. To me headroom comes more in handy for clean sounds. Tonewise, the singles definitely win for cleans.

My biggest gripe with current generation dual and tri rectos is the extra channel. I dont need one, but its not like Im exactly against it. IMO its the extra PCB involved that has made these models loose a lil bit of the mojo the older ones had.

Single.

I'm a sucker for 50 watt tube amps. They sound warmer than 100 watters, in my opinion.

Dual all the way... I'd choose it for the options and for the extra 50 wts for that extra head room if you ever needed it. I have a Triple and would trade for a Dual in a heart beat (hint hint, if anyone is listening) :lol: .

What about strictly SOUNDWISE.

The only extra option on the DUAL that I am aware of is the extra channel am I right?

But TONEWISE, which sounds better?

Grandor said:
What about strictly SOUNDWISE.

The only extra option on the DUAL that I am aware of is the extra channel am I right?

But TONEWISE, which sounds better?

Well you are missing one big factor, the fact that the DR actually features what its name implies, 2 rectifiers. Also the variac setting between bold and spongy. None of that matters to me at all, every time Ive played a DR Ive always set it to diode rectification and bold power, which is what a single is always set on.

If its just an issue of sound and sound alone, I will go so far as to say the 2nd gen single recto beats the 2nd gen Dual EASY.

I voted Single but I'd take a Rectoverb over either of them all day long. I've played Duals for a decade and tried out the Rectoverb and I loved it the most!!

no soul said:
...If any you post that you like the DR better because "its louder"
please kick yourself in the nuts for me and stop making statements about amplifiers in a public setting :evil:

Post of the day...

I like Single, because only one channel is enough for me, and 50W's volume is waaaaaaaaaaay lourder than my previous 120W peavey XXX head. I don't need extra option any way. :D

well being that i tried both out last sunday (I tried just about every mesa product out there before i got my dual rectifier) I had to go for the dual rectifier. I liked the tone you could get out of the single, but i need that extra channel and the 50 more watts.

well i use the tube rectifier on the spongy setting for my metal. its got the squish that i need.

so that would be a DR (Tremo) for those keeping score.

I sold my 2 chanel Dual Rect and got the Single Rect. Without a doubt I prefer the Single Rectifier. I haven`t tried the later DR but still I prefer 50 watts over 100 watts, 100 was just to much for my playing environment. The SR is a perfect bedroom amp and can get fricking loud as hell when turned up.

Latest posts

Back