Single rec w/ mxr m108 in the loop - huge pop!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erectifier

Reaction score
I've had the mxr 10 band for a while now and had always used it in front of my amp as a slight mid/gain boost until i recently modded the fx loop, i hated parallel. So my current signal chain goes guitar-tuner-wah-single rec-mxr eq-delay-reverb. The problem is that when i use the mxr's footswitch theres an incredibly loud pop, even on low volume it sounds like it could damage the speaker (i obviously havent kept using it haha). In front of the amp its clean as a whistle but i just like the sound of it in the series loop much more. For the record i never tried the mxr in the loop before i modded it so maybe ive done something wrong? The delay and reverb sound fine, in fact they sound incredible since the mod so thats puzzling. Im using the right 18v adapter for it too. The pop is also noticeably louder when im switching the pedal off.

Thats about all the information i gathered so if anyone has some experience with this pedal i'd like to hear your input cheers

nah i dont have that on mine, i think its from 04 if that even matters - no idea if the latest versions have it like the dual rec. i've resorted to using it in front of my amp but i really loved the effect it had in the loop. i'll get someone with a bit more experience to check out my soldering cos i read there could be d.c. leak if the soldering's bad or something that's causing it to pop.

If the other pedals in the loop footswitch without pops I doubt it is the loop that's the issue. It is more likely the fact that the MXR EQ is true bypass switching which is notorious for pops, especially with a high level signal that the loop provides.

Dom

Thanks for your comment man that saved me opening up the amp! I put the mxr eq after my delay pedal which must have some buffer in it cos theres 2 inputs for HI and LO which must be fore fx loop or instrument - seemed to do the trick and still get pretty much the same sounds out of each pedal. epic!!!

Latest posts

Back