Shitty Ebay Experiences Lately!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I've been out of work for a while, so I thought I would start selling off all the junk that's just been laying around forever in my music room and workshop.
I sold a bunch of tubes that were untested. I clearly stated that most of them had been pulled from working amps, but were sold 'As-Is' because I don't have a tester.
The guy emailed me tonight, bitching about some of them being dead or low gain. WTF?????????? He could have easily paid a ton of money for NOS if that was what he was looking for. But...instead, he bought a bunch of untested tubes on ebay for $36! I started the bidding at $1!

So, now I'm guessing that I will receive my 1st negative feedback because some guy can't take the time to read the listing!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile.....I sold a Peavey mixing board for $81 at the same time, and the guy never paid! Doesn't answer emails or phone calls!

And.....Finally, I bought a Carvin Vintage 50 head for $250. Granted, this was a decent price, but the lady stated that it had just been checked out by a local tech and given, "A clean bill of health!" She also stated that all pots had been cleaned and tested!
It gets here (in packing peanuts!) and the volume pot on the clean channel is shot, so that channel doesn't even work. It also has burns through both sides of the power tube board!!!!!!
I called the number and got Colortyme Rentals?!?!?!

Is it just me, or is ebay turning to *****????? All of this happened within 1 week! Can't even leave negative feedback for douchebag buyers anymore! **** political correctness crap!!!!

I bought two guitars off Ebay within the past several months.

The first guitar was beat up beyond belief. Tons of cracks, nicks, dings, scrapes, rust you name it. I would not have bought the guitar had I known it was in this condition. Plus, it smelled so badly of cigarette smoke I had to immediately throw out the gig bag that came with it.

The second guitar was supposedly in good condition and only had some belt rash and a scratch or two. BS! The thing must have 20 deep nicks and scratches along with the belt rash, etc. Oh, and the knobs were not stock.

Hooray Ebay!

Bunch of turds!!!

The lady I got the amp from has over 2000 positives with 0 negatives.
What the hell!

Too bad I live in the middle of nowhere! Otherwise, I wouldn't even go to ebay anymore. Nearest real music store is in Albuquerque or Tucson from here though!

welcome to the recession. it can make people do stupid/crazy/selfish/dishonest things when they normally wouldnt.

luckily all of my ebay transactions the past 2yrs have all been very positive. but on that note, due to the bad economy i havent had the cash to make any large purchases/sales like you guys have, so other than shipping/payment timelimes i couldnt have much to complain about either way.

I hate EBAY. I never order from them. The whole bid/auction thing is a waste of my time. Just tell me how much you want for the thing. I spent too much time watching the bids only to be out bid in the final seconds. Just a waste of time.

Yeah, I usually don't buy stuff on ebay. It seems like the only time I win is when the thing is broken.

I do sell stuff though, simply because I live in the middle of nowhere, exactly 90 miles from the armpit of civilization. :lol:

The post about "...I spent too much time watching the bids only to be out bid in the final seconds..." exhibits a lack of understanding of the process.
It doesn't matter when you bid, it's how much. It is true that bidding early tends to drive up the price, which is exactly why there's a flurry of bids at end of an auction. Savvy bidders bid close to the end, both to keep the final price lower, and to leave competitors less time to outbid them.
But you still have to outbid the other guy. Period. End Of Story.

True, but usually that's when the router takes a **** or my 2 year old unplugs something! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't mind paying a BIN price if it's decent. It may be $5 over the price of the last 3 that sold or something, but I don't have to wait by the keyboard.

Update on the Carvin amp issue:
I got an email from ebay last night saying that I have to ship the amp back to the seller. They sent a label. They also said that they would wait 10 days and then refund my money in full once it arrives at it's destination.

I would have been happy with $50 back. That's what I would have charged someone to fix it. But....I feel this is better. I don't like owning amps that have burns on or through their boards. Makes me wonder when the next one will happen!

MrMarkIII said:
The post about "...I spent too much time watching the bids only to be out bid in the final seconds..." exhibits a lack of understanding of the process........It is true that bidding early tends to drive up the price, which is exactly why there's a flurry of bids at end of an auction. Savvy bidders bid close to the end, both to keep the final price lower, and to leave competitors less time to outbid them.........

My point exactly. You had to spend lots of time learning to play the game. You have spend time to know when to go back and bid and how much. It's a waste of time. I don't know about you pal, but I have better things to do with my time than watching auctions. I'm out playing my rig instead of being glued to a computer screen.

Scrapinger said:
MrMarkIII said:
The post about "...I spent too much time watching the bids only to be out bid in the final seconds..." exhibits a lack of understanding of the process........It is true that bidding early tends to drive up the price, which is exactly why there's a flurry of bids at end of an auction. Savvy bidders bid close to the end, both to keep the final price lower, and to leave competitors less time to outbid them.........

My point exactly. You had to spend lots of time learning to play the game. You have spend time to know when to go back and bid and how much. It's a waste of time. I don't know about you pal, but I have better things to do with my time than watching auctions. I'm out playing my rig instead of being glued to a computer screen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Exactly my point! Although I do find myself checking it out every morning at 5 am when I'm looking for something!

Scrapinger said:
MrMarkIII said:

Lots of time?! I just explained the whole thing in four sentences.
But it's OK if you hate eBay. More for me.

Scrapinger said:
Good God man 0500!?!?!?! You really have to find another hobby. :lol:

I've been getting up early for so long that it just seems natural. Up at 5, make the coffee. Surf the web and then wake up the kids at 6:45 so they don't pee the bed and have time to get ready for school.

I haven't had a night life since I got married 9 years ago. :lol:

That's coming for me soon. But for now on a workday I'm up at 0700 and on a weekend 0830. (Yawning emoticon here) :D

.[/quote]
Lots of time?! I just explained the whole thing in four sentences.
But it's OK if you hate eBay. More for me.[/quote]

OK I will and you can keep playing games. I've got all the gear I want anyway. It seems when I need something there's a good deal to be found locally.

Hi,
Some people are difficult. Some buy items like this with a gold mine in their eyes. I would say for that amount of
cash if I had a few matched pairs and some good testing preamp tubes out of that bunch I would be happy. Esp with the way you worded the auction. As Is, no return.
That being said:
Here would be my advice.

I am sorry to hear you are upset with any item you received from me. Please reread the auction and let me know how would you like to work this out so we both can continue to have positive experiences with ebay. I in no way indicated
how these amp pulls would test. I also indicated I have no tester. Please keep that in mind.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

Perhaps just to save face ask him to return all the tubes in the condition they were in within 48 hours, and you will
be glad to refund his money(LESS SHIPPING)Hopefully he may ask for a partial refund, and politely let him know as soon as I receive
the "bad" tubes I will grant your request.

Let me know what you decide and how it works out.
-------------------------------------------
I had bought a quad of el84s that were tested in good working condition. Yet, sold as is.
One was DOA. I emailed the seller explaining this situation and if we could work something out.
The seller emailed me back and said thank you for letting me know there was a problem.
I was credited 1/4th of the price on my paypal account, and I was not even asked to send back the bad
tube. If I had to send back the bad tube, I would have had the issue that it would then not be worth
the bother. I would then have given positive feedback and in the comments simply put three out of the four items
were as described.

/cheers

MrMarkIII said:
The post about "...I spent too much time watching the bids only to be out bid in the final seconds..." exhibits a lack of understanding of the process.
It doesn't matter when you bid, it's how much. It is true that bidding early tends to drive up the price, which is exactly why there's a flurry of bids at end of an auction. Savvy bidders bid close to the end, both to keep the final price lower, and to leave competitors less time to outbid them.

If I want the item bad enough, I decide what I am willing to pay and bid that amount.
I then wait for an email, I have been outbid or I won the item.
If you really want the item, then when you get the outbid notice, you can then
reread the auction, pros and cons, then rebid or let someone else win it.

I like it when I bid on an item I really want but someone keeps bidding higher on it. Then I stop and it gets sold.
THEN I eithere see it relisted due to a non payer, or I get the never ending message, You may buy my item as
the person who bid higher than you never payed.
Basically, people have their friend(s) bid on their items just to push the price up.
I stick to the max I will pay and let the cards fall.
Once you get into the heat of battle, emotions start bidding.

:lol: That's usually how I do it too, but I do wait till the last minute.
I know what I want to spend on it. If it gets higher than that, I just get the next one or another one later on.

:lol: Well.....the assbag left negative feedback! :lol:

1st Negative in 8 years of being on ebay. Oh well, it's sort of like the 1st dent in your guitar I guess. Doesn't really matter in the end.
I might mail the guy a set of reading glasses though! In no way do I feel like I mis-represented anything. I stated it perfectly clear that I have no way of testing them and do not know if they work.

The bad thing is, ebay won't let you leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, and they won't even let you comment on your negative feedback anymore. What a rip!

:lol: His name says it all.......stratbasturd :lol:
It's got the words Rat & Basturd right in it!!!!

Back