Serious Problem Please Help (Triaxis Lead 1 RED)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update that I've had this symptom fixed. LDR replaced and all tantalums.

I also just had this problem with my Triaxis. Lead one red went dead, then the other lead one modes later. Mesa replaced a LDR and the concentric pot, problem solved. Sounds great now!!!

Hmm, mine dropped its gain for all modes (I think) after using it for 2 hours. Replaced all the tubes the next week, but same thing after 2 hours. My guitar tech told me to check the loop/modes/power amp when it happened again, but the last 3 rehearsals the problem didn't manifest itself again. I only use LD2 yellow and red.

Looking around on the net, I found an image which seems like it was taken from the triaxis I have here (exactly the same markers, components & 'grit' near the top-left ribbon connector). Can the grit on the ribbon connector or the seemingly busted black 'H T V' component under W-TH on the right cause these issues ? (looking at my board agian, I also notice the blue lines on the upper ribbon and the lower ribbon being slightly disconnected exactly like in the picture further confirming my suspicion this is the same exact TX4)

tx4.jpg

What is "LDR"? Is it a reference designater on the TX4 PCB? I was read this thread and a few others and LDR1 and LDR6 was referenced and suggested that they should be checked. Are they on the bottom of the TX4 PCB?

Latest posts

Back