• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sending a Boogie head Down Under

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBarry

Reaction score
Hi, I must be the happiest Boogie owner today!!
Just got an orig Mark III blond red stripe head!
I need to get it US to Down Under - has anyone used USPS or have any accounts with shipping companies who could help?
Regs, Dave B
Canberra/Australia

McBarry said:
Hi, I must be the happiest Boogie owner today!!
Just got an orig Mark III blond red stripe head!

Congrats, my friend! Coincidence; I just received my second Mark III blonde (red stripe) yesterday as well. How do you like it??

All the Best,
~Nep~

I've shipped amps all over the world with USPS. You just need to make sure it falls within their size and weight limitations to Australia. Also, a lot of countries limit the amount of insurance that can be placed on packages- just something to keep in mind.
I can't seem to find the cheaper (slower) international shipping calculator on USPS.com. They must have moved or removed it...

If it was me and I could not sent it USPS Priorty air. I would send it FED EX Air. I don't think there as bad as the gorillas at UPS. no offenice to any one who may work there that may see this.

Ageed Jutsin,
I fear this bad boy will be an inch or two over the 79" rule for Australia..
Trying tricks like rubber feet off, to get box size down to bare minimum..

If not, seller can use Fedex, but they (Fedex/DHL/UPS/TNT/ etc etc) all get hit with a $130US fee this end - starts to make freighting really expensive.
There again, may have no choice if can't get it in the USPS size restrictions.

This is worth knowing..
FEDEX have a deal called GREAT RATE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY.
It's half price on Fridays US to AUS.
My Boogie Mark III head cost $232 Chicago to Canberra door to door.

Just remember there's a $130AU fee this end for the customs clearance, and no dutes/taxes on anything declared under $1000Au value.

I'm sure you've already shipped it, but if not or even for future reference. I shipped a Wizard head to AU from US and it was EXTREMELY painless and much cheaper than anything else I found.

http://ipsparcel.com/

Latest posts

Back