Self Custom Made

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliensExist4

Reaction score
Just curious to if anyone custom did their own Rectifier Heads such as paint the diamond plate or other custom looks. I want to change the diamond plate off my Trip. Rectifier and I know it's a ***** to get it off so I just wanted to see some others out there. Thanks

- Patrick

I've done my own cabs. I think next up is a hardwood cab or two for my RKII.

Here are my cabs.

diy_cabs_done_1.JPG

diy_cabs_done_2.JPG

My head's leather corner pieces and handle were the saddle tan color, my 4/12 Recto cab, (custom ordered later) came with black leather corner pieces! I liked the black look better, so I dyed the head's corner pieces (in place), and replaced the handle with a new one! My head BTW was ordered with the black diamond plate option!
14months003.jpg
[/img]

From what i have heard, you will never get that diamond face plate off, they use industiral strength glue.

with that being said you can paint it, however it will not last forever, but a good temp fix.

AliensExist4 said:
Just curious to if anyone custom did their own Rectifier Heads such as paint the diamond plate or other custom looks. I want to change the diamond plate off my Trip. Rectifier and I know it's a ***** to get it off so I just wanted to see some others out there. Thanks

- Patrick

how about black knobs? I was thinking about replacing the silver ones on my Roadster. Anyone know where to get them? :?:

siggy14 said:
From what i have heard, you will never get that diamond face plate off, they use industiral strength glue.

with that being said you can paint it, however it will not last forever, but a good temp fix.

AliensExist4 said:

- Patrick

It's 3M super duty two sided tape. It's a beast.

siggy14 said:
...with that being said you can paint it, however it will not last forever, but a good temp fix.

Have it powder-coated...that WILL last forever. If you're going to paint, be sure to acid-etch (or sandblast) the aluminum to get good adhesion.

can you please send me the instructions for making a 2 x 12 like that.....?

**** those are nice......

I'd really like the info man.......

Very nice work.....

Peace, I illustrated the construction on my site, www.dafguitars.com. I still have to put up the remaining pics for the tolex application though. Take a look at the site and let me know if you have any questions.

Dave

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm thinking About getting either Tan or Gold grilles for my 4x12 and 2x12 Mesa Rectifier's and I wanted to know If I could get my corners replaced to match the grilles, and for how much? Anyone know? Thanks

- Patrick

You could get a tan- or gold-faced headshell from Mesa for around $200 if thats the look you're after. They might make you a face plate only, but I'm not sure about that one. Black diamondplate would look nice with that color combination, as would gold-anodized.

Boogiebabies said:
siggy14 said:

AliensExist4 said:

- Patrick

It's 3M super duty two sided tape. It's a beast.

Try the white "dual lock" tape. I used it to put my volume pedal down on my board and I actually need a screwdriver to pry it off.

NoGlassNoClass said:
You could get a tan- or gold-faced headshell from Mesa for around $200 if thats the look you're after. They might make you a face plate only, but I'm not sure about that one. Black diamondplate would look nice with that color combination, as would gold-anodized.

Really? I thought it was more like $350.

Latest posts

Back