Rocktron Prophesy? Is it worth it

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
Right now I'm using my ENGL E530 and a Digitech GSP1101 and sometimes my G-major. I have the ENGL in the digitechs loop so I can switch it in and out and sometimes use the models on the digitech.

I see a lot of people using the Prophesy and am interested in it and am wondering a lot about it. I don't know of any place in my area that sells them.

I know it only has 4 amp sounds and from what I've read they sound the same but just have different amounts of gain. How are the effects?

I'm interested in your thoughts on the E530, as I've long thought about getting one of those to supplement my TriAxis.

I really love my 530. I think the clean channel is very nice. Clean lo gain is very clean and sounds great with effects and takes overdrive pedals well. The "hi gain" clean is almost like a good overdrive pedal. I'm not too keen on the lo gain lead channel though. Hi gain lead is great. It's tight, heavy and has tons of sustain. I don't feel like it needs any kind of boost for great lead sounds. The contour switch on the lead channel really brings things up a notch in good way. It boosts some mids and highs. Otherwise it's a little too scooped sounding even with all of the knobs set at noon. For the most part I keep the knobs at noon and keep the low mids just below noon and then use a parametric EQ to fine tune things. I think the ENGL is great sound and definitely worth the price brand new. It does lack any MIDI though but if you are using a G-major then you can use the relays to switch channels.

I'm interested in adding another preamp to my set up too for more sounds. I like the modeled sound on the Digitech but I'm interested in the Rocktron Prophesy or definitely a Triaxis. I've played on a Triaxis a bunch and if I had the money right now I would buy one.

Latest posts

Back