Roadster fx-loop leaks, normal?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

existenz

Reaction score
I have this strange problem where my effects device leaks it's sound through the roadster when my 'Loop System in' is in Hard Bypass mode (in other words off) and one of my channel specific loop switches is turned ON.

When I switch to that channel where the fx-loop is turned ON, my effects device starts to get a signal and re-routes it to the roadster which in turn routes it the speakers generating a small but very noticable sound / squeal. In my opinnion this should not happen.

My effects device is Boss GT-3 and I use a 3-cable method to attain the best possible setup for my roadster to work without the gt-3 on the other
channels where I don't need it and thus, color the sound of my amp as little as possible.

My connections are these: Guitar --> roadster input, Roadster fx-send --> GT-3 guitar in, GT-3 output (mono-left) --> Roadster return.

I know that by doing this gt-3 sets itself in the middle of the power- and preamp stages but I don't understand why is the sound still getting routed through the gt-3 when my System Hard Bypass- mode is engaged. From what I understand of the channel specific fx-loop is that the switch don't get the signal if the Hard Bypass mode is turned ON which puts the general fx-loop OFF.

So please correct me where I've got this wrong or tell me if there's something seriously wrong with my Roadster?

oh my roadster did just leak. havent happened before.strange!!!! I have the loop on and on channel 1+ 2 fx loop on and on channel 3+4 off. the effect still leaks in, it worked perfectly last week and now??????

yep fixed it. if the loop is on , you must turn the fx loop on the different channel strips to off. then you can switch the fx loop with your footswitch. works perfectly now. no delays or popping sound. what an amp. the best sound of all.

Latest posts

Back