Roadking 1 Fx loops 1 & 2..parellel loop a bad thing?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine RK

Reaction score
Hello

I am a victim of not being afraid to sound like an idiot....I have a Roadking 1 that I have had totally re tubed recently with the factory power tubes and 3 Sovtek 12AX7 pre amp tubes in V2, V3 and V4...v1 and v2 are the Mesa 12ax7's.

I have the series and parallel loops (Loop one has Eventide Timefactor and ModFactor stompboxes) I have the Eventides daisy chained with GL's and Monster Cable pro link cables running out from my pedal board to Loop one.

I have had issues with Loop 2...the parellel loop..I get these nasal phasey sounds when I plug pedals into loop 2 and try to use the loop level knobs, the mix level always has to be all the way up (rear left knob) and the send level I always put around 1 O clock to full on. At the present I am not using the 2nd loop but I would really like to use the switching for simpler live applications.

Should I mod this loop 2 into a series loop as well as loop 1? Is there a real use for parellel loops? I would like to know if my configuration is bad or is there anything I should be doing that I have not thought of.

Here is the chain of effects...

Guitar to Budda wah, to Boss TU-2, to BBE Boosta Grande, To Digitech Whammy to the front of the Roadking 1. I use George L's in between and Mogami's for guitar and amp input.

Loop 1 Eventide stompboxes Time factor and Mod Factor.
Loop 2 ... not in use until I learn more

any help would be appreciated

Kon

Back