Road King question........ :(

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peace

Reaction score
Well,

I waited for approximately 10 weeks, with baited breath, for my Road King head to arrive. October 3rd was the stated date. I only called once during that time and that was in August to get a little update. That was when I was told I'd have to wait until Oct. 3rd..... I sighed to myself, shrugged my shoulders and said, oh well thats the way it goes.... Good things come to those who wait, etc etc.. October 3rd comes and goes. I still wait to call.... October 4th rolls around and I wanted to hold off calling to get some info but I just couldn't wait any longer.. So I call to get some info, hoping for good news and I am told that Mesa Boogie is having "supplier issues", production on Road King's have been temporarily halted because of this and, although they are hoping to have things moving again as early as possible, I was told it will probably be close to the first of the year before they're moving again......

Has anybody heard about this? Any additional and/or updated information on the subject?
Hey, it is what it is I guess... I mean, I can wait and I will but if anyone has any information about this I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks for the info...

Waiting patiently,

Peace :roll:

They are selling a lot of road kings, it is very popular...they probably can't make them fast enough to keep up. :cry:

Yeah, I know they sell but this situation is a little different.......
Just loooking for some more info if it's out there.

Dude,
Tell 'em you're going on tour and you need a Dual Rec as a loaner until yours comes in. See what they say... They might do it considering what you've spent. Or, they might get off their duffs and find you a Road king. I'll bet there's one sitting in a box at a Guitar Center somewhere.

This is kind of crap I go through with Warwick. When you spend a certain amount of money, you expect service. It's like you're asking too much or something.

Usually, Mesa Customer Service is good. Are you dealing with them or some retailer?

Hi guys...... Just got home.... 10:31 pm here....

I did not make my purchase straight through Mesa .

I am in Ohio in the Cincy/Dayton area.

As it stands right now I think my only option might be just to wait patiently.. For a longer period of time.. :cry:

I ordered one back in March. I was told that it would be in mid July. I called in July only to find out that there was a delay in production and it would be another couple of weeks. I called back in August and I was told that they had no date they could give me as to when mine would come in. I had already put quite a bit down for the amp. So the store I was buying it from called their rep back and told him the deal. That I had been waiting 6 months. So they asked me if I would take one from the last production run(brand new). Which was in March of this year. I said that I would take it and 5 days later I picked it up. That was September 1.

Same thing as you though. I was told that they are not receiving a part from a supplier. So no new RK's until maybe begining of next year.

Oh and it was at a store in Hollywood. I think they stock them there. I don't remember the name of the store. But if you mention it I'm sure the rep will know.

The local GC had to hunt around the Chicago area a bit, but they found one at one of the stores and I had it in less than a week. My PRS, that came from Texas, but finding the right birds was harder than finding a treadplate Rking.

The ones that GC has are new old stock. If that makes a differance to you.

I got tired of waiting for a different manufacturer to get a backordered part and opted for a different, but very similar amp about 3 years ago. After a few months I ended up selling the one I got and finally getting the one I wanted. I lost a couple hundred in the process, but I learned that it is best to wait for the one you want.

Boogiebabies said:
I had a hint that the part in question was going to make it a better amp.
Waiting may not hurt on this deal.

I wasn't told of that. But thats not to say it is not true. Who told you that the salesman?

Hey no soul,
Have you had a chance to talk with the rep you know?

Just thought I'd ask...

Let me know if you have any info.

I do appreciate it.

It would be nice to know if Boogie had any kind of NON-VAGUE time frame that they expect to have things moving again.

It's crappy that you place an order already knowing how long it will take under normal circumstances and Boogie, who knows of the situation they're having, makes absolutely know mention of it to anyone not via their site or their dealers. It wasn't until the time elapsed that it was discovered "oh by the way, they've been having problems for a long time no and don't know when you'll get it."

Anyway.... I don't mind waiting a little longer but what do they know? Nothing?

Thanks no soul

Catch you later.

Picked up my cab today.....
a 4x12 RK cab.....
I got a standard black slant cab but when I got it home and opened the box it was a straight cab. Wine red with black corners and a tweed grille.
I'm tempted to keep it but I ordered a slant......

It's almost like I'm not supposed to get this RK.......... Like the bad AMP gremlins are at work on me or something...... :twisted: :lol:

Of course, still no head, so either way it's a thousand dollar coffee table right now..... :lol: But then again, I'm half way there....

So what do you guys thnk? Keep the straight cab with the custom additions or get what I ordered which was a slanted road king cab in standard black... I'm kind of torn.... Not sure though how well I'd hear a straight cabinet in a gigging situation. Seems like a slant would through more sound my way and that IS what I ordered.....

Peace, I'm in the same situation as you right now. I bought a RK from GC back in June. From the serial number I could tell it was not made this year because others that got one earlier in the year said they had a RK2000+ serial while mine was around RK1030. It was clearly a NOS but the salesperson said they just got it (bullshit) and it was on clearance for $2200. Turns out the head had some problems (reverb was not working, and one of the EL34 sockets kept burning out the tubes) and two weeks later I returned it and placed an order for a new one. I was not going to take this head for repairs after just buying it. I was given a Single Rec in the meantime while I waited for the RK.

After August came I started getting impatient, and the guy told me they had problems getting the output transformers and that it would be coming October 3rd. I was ok with that since it wasn't that long away. Now 10/3 came and went and still no RK. :x Now that you have said that they think they'll be arriving around the beginning of the year I'm not sure if I should wait or get something else. If it'll take that long I might just go with a Bogner Uberschall or Diezel Einstein.

Peace said:
It's almost like I'm not supposed to get this RK.......... Like the bad AMP gremlins are at work on me or something...... :twisted: :lol:

I felt the same way waiting for mine.

Latest posts

Back