Recto Recording Pre with o/d and distortion boxes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquidtension

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Recto Recording Pre and have noticed that when I use a distortion stomp box in front of it, there is a very noticeable boost in the lower frequencies not characteristic with the same pedal in front of an amp. Is this normal for the Mesa?

All I'm really trying to do is get a little more versatility out the preamp since it only has two channels. I've tried a TS-808, TS 9, and a few others into the clean channel.

Any suggestions other than sticking an EQ pedal after the distortion box?

[Edit: Sorry, forgot to clarify that it was the Recording preamp. That's what I get for trying to post a thread in the middle of class :D ]

well, you have three channels, it's just that one of them has to be "vintage, louder." :wink:

wish I could help. I have tried sticking a boost pedal in the fx loop but never a distortion pedal. (I don't even own a real distortion pedal anymore.)

Really depends on what you are trying to do.

I have a Zoom G92.TT MFX. It has great stomp box effects that I can use through the clean channel to create a wide variety of different overdrive tones while I can keep channel 2 on the Mesa Pre reserved for my main distortion sound. I can use the EQ in the Zoom as well to change the tones and not alter the preamp settings for the clean and distorted channels.

Back