Recto pre voodoo mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grindgod

Reaction score
Greetings everyone I was thinking to get a Voodoo mod on my recto preamp. They say they can tighten it up and get rid of the grainy sound. Does anyone have any experience with voodoo amps mods and the improvement they say they will do? Reliability is pretty important to me as well as keeping the general core tone still there. Thanks in advance for your input

I searched around a little online and was not able to find a specific "review" for a voodoo mod done on the Recto Pre. I did see it listed on the voodoo web site. The various reviews for Voodoo mods on other Mesa gear I read on Harmony Central were generally favorable with good customer service noted.
You might want to ask this question in the dual rectifier section just to get some more feed back.
The dual rectifiers are likely the most commonly modded by Voodoo of the Mesa gear.
Some of the guys on there have had or tried dozens of dual recs and I'm sure some of them have had or done mods. Might be a good place to start.
By the way how do you like your Dual Racktifier vs the Recto Pre?

I just ran across this post and thought I would let you know about my experience with Voodoo. I got the Platinum mod to my Single Rec a month ago and it is F'ing amazing. It is tighter, no more grainy sound, cuts through the mix way better and is a much more powerful amp since the mod. The amp stays focused and tight at high volumes and doesn't flub out like it used to. The cleans are so much better and actually stay clean at high volumes now. Their service was spot on and Trace was a ton of help with recommending pickups, speakers, etc. to get the sound I was after. The guys in my band and others who have heard it are blown away by it as I am. I have had a couple of gigs since the mod and got tons of compliments with my tone. I highly recommend them and would definitely send any amp of mine to them. It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth it to me.

I have heard everything that comes out of voodoo is awesome but however I never could afford to send my amp to have it done by voodoo. However with that said I found a guy closer to me out of Houston Texas called the tone doctor. He was in driving distance from me and much more reasonable than voodoo. I am very satisfied with my amp and he was fast.

Latest posts

Back