Recto-25 watt combo. speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMB

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Boogers. I just acquired one of these that has a Cream Back in it. Did they come stock at some time? To my ears, it just doesn't seem like a good match (kind of muddy - not the toooobs LOL). Any speaker recommendations? My other one had a Fillmore which didn't trip my trigger either. (Been using Boogs since Carlos - Love 'em) Thanks for your advice.

Dennis
BlueFretsvt.

The Recto-verb 25 came with a V30 speaker, the same speaker they use in almost all of the modern amps/cabs, and specifically voiced by Celestion UK for Mesa. They are different from the current regular production V30 you would buy elsewhere.

If you want the OEM speaker, get an 8 ohm V30 from Mesa.

Dom

Mine came with a Mesa Fillmore speaker
I tried
Cannabis Rex - too dark, no sparkle
Mesa C-90 - can’t remember why I didn’t like it
Creamback 65 - nice, but lost something

I wound up putting the Fillmore back in and using a Theile cab with an EV under the amp
I played a few gigs with this setup and really liked it

I agree 100%, there are many speakers that I prefer with a Recto over the V30, but I only know that because I’ve already tried the speaker the amp was designed around (V30) and developed my ‘baseline’.

Personally I love the Eminence DV-77, even better mixed with Swamp Thangs in the oversize Recto 4X12.

Dom

Latest posts

Back