Rectifier thread is sleeping. Wake up!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neptical

Reaction score
This forum has been sleeping. Figured I would start some conversation.
Still nothing like plugging in to my Rectifiers. Every time, just like the first time.

I have a Dual Rec Rev. G, 2x Singles and 2x RoVs. All go through my favorite V30 loaded Soldano straight cab. Clean boosted with a Boss SD-1 using HSS maple neck Strats. Let me add, I also have two Simulclass Mark IIIs. Both amps are simply fantastic at what they provide.

I think I'm pretty set on MBs as I think I have a lot of ground coverage. However, I'd love to try a TC and Badlander.

I've been boosting a lot lately with the maxon st9pro+.
My recto collection is a 95 dual, 99 tremo, 08 single, and 2011 triple mw.

Hard to stir the pot when you mention a MK or TC.

Rectos are great. My favorite is not really a true Rectifier but has the name on the faceplate. Badlander. Run two of them in stereo. Holy crap that is the nirvana, heaven or hell of which the amp came from.
Sounds great through the Vertical 212 or Standard 412 cab. I forgot I tried the wall of sound with all of the Rectifiers going at the same time. That was nuts.

20230415_182357.jpg

To top it off I did experiment with the MWDR, Roadster, RA100, TC100 and JP2C as a center channel of sorts. the MWDR was cool but needed to reduce its influence due to competing frequencies and or dominance.

As for the Badlander, it has very similar traits and blends very well with three of the amps in my collection. RA-100 + 2BAD if you want more of a Marshall killer sound. Similar results can be achieved with the TC-100 or TC-50 + 2BAD. Never tried both TC amps with the 2 BADS. Now that I have a total of 4 Vet 212 cabs, I could probably do that. So that is two of three amps. The third is the JP2C as that has very similar qualities to the crush voice on the BAD. Now that I have reconnected with the JP2C after some power tube changes, It will be the next thing to take over the center position. Actually considering the Mark VII as the next amp to bring home. Not sure when that will happen but sooner than later I suppose. Will be going to a quad amp setup for that.

Odd, that when I was running the MWDR or Roadster as the center amp, I was not running it at its potential. The RA or JP2C I can push to the same loudness and be overjoyed with a wall of sound.

There was a time I would run just the MWDR and Roadster together. That was awesome too. I am sort of condensing the cabs down to the V212 format due to limited space. I could only imagine what 4x412 would sound like. I do have four of them. Not all the same though. Two are stock standards, one is an older OS Recto but loaded with EV speakers (shown under the Roadster), and the 4th is a traditional sized 412 loaded with Celestion Cream-back H75.

I do not run any OD or boost pedals. Tried it and did not like it. Perhaps I did not get the right one's.
When I get the 7-strings out, I want tight low end. That sort of excludes the Rectifiers except for the BAD-*** amps. They seem to hold their composure and no sub-harmonic swamping. I would assume the Boss SD-1 would cure that issue?

Attachments

• 20230312_082952.jpg
    20230312_082952.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230408_081341.jpg
    20230408_081341.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 0
OP - You need a triple recto my dude! 2-Channel of course ! :)

Just sold my Badlander 50. More Marshall than Recto. Too tight. Got annoying.

Loving this 98 Triple Rec I got a month ago! It’s THE sound of the 90s and early 2000s.

OP - You need a triple recto my dude! 2-Channel of course ! :)

Just sold my Badlander 50. More Marshall than Recto. Too tight. Got annoying.

Loving this 98 Triple Rec I got a month ago! It’s THE sound of the 90s and early 2000s.

Right on! I've always wanted a Triple Rec in my collection. 2 channel Dual, Singles and RoVs are keeping me at bay...for now. Hah!

As a HUGE Marshall collector/fan as well, I feel like I may really like the Badlander. Though, I must add, I love the typical sag of Rectifiers and Marshall's used in tandem with a boost. My Boogie Simulclass Mark IIIs are tight with NO needed boost.

Last edited:
If you ever get a Badlander, go for the 100W. Then swap the EL34 STR447 with a quad of the 6L6GC STR448. OMG does that sound epic. Still not on the Dual Rect subway in low end but just sounds killer. Way better than the EL34 of which I preferred when trying the other 6L6GC tubes. It also loosens up the bottom end just enough. I can also hear some power sag effect. Not as dramatic as the Recto but it is there.

@bandit2013 6L6 whenever possible for Boogies, especially Rectifier lineage! Love them fat headroom cleans. Good to hear it loosens up the amp a bit. It surely would be nice to hear a different take on the Rectifier in my own hands.

It is just a tad bit looser. Still hearing that deep growl on the low end was pleasing. Just could not get that with the other Mesa 6L6 tubes. The STR448 in the Badlander is like the STR415 in the JP2C. They make a huge difference. I am working on getting another amp and will fall into place on the one cab. I am running the two in the middle with the JP2C for the time being. The Bads are my stereo channels. All three amps are running in parallel. Once I get the 4th amp, and another Mesa Switch track, a few other essential effects stuff and I am all set to have a dual stereo or quad setup. I have run 4 amps before but that just did not work out. Not in the image: mesa switch track and two Lehel P-splits. Trying to get a good sound from the combination just did not cut it. I no longer that the space for 4x412 cabs.

20190703_071313.jpg

Two Bad, one JP2C and one of these days the Mark VII. Just the three amps, this setup shakes everything beyond belief and that is with the EL34 in the Bads. Waiting on the second set of STR448 to come in before I make the change. Trying to keep the Bass rig on this wall. Not much room for it anywhere else.

20230704_185527.jpg

Been playing the hell out of a Single lately. Love this amp, I don't know why these aren't more popular. You get that nice squishy, cloudy Recto feel but there's more attack and clarity coming out of the speaker, even with the gain way up. Easy to dial in two good channels at the same volume, and if you're good with your guitar volume it's more like four. FX loop isn't a tragedy like on Rev Gs. Gives up the goods at sub-earplug volume through a 2x12. There's not a single thing on this amp that's bad, though it's much more limited than my Tverb it's also a lot more practical.

Been playing the hell out of a Single lately. Love this amp, I don't know why these aren't more popular. You get that nice squishy, cloudy Recto feel but there's more attack and clarity coming out of the speaker, even with the gain way up. Easy to dial in two good channels at the same volume, and if you're good with your guitar volume it's more like four. FX loop isn't a tragedy like on Rev Gs. Gives up the goods at sub-earplug volume through a 2x12. There's not a single thing on this amp that's bad, though it's much more limited than my Tverb it's also a lot more practical.

Absolutely! Love my Singles and RoVs boosted with a Boss SD-1. Extremely versatile using VERY peculiar settings. GRINDY or SMOOTH. Global MASTER will throw down some REALLY nice sag. When you're clean boosting the front end in Vintage mode, its a tone you just won't forget. IMHO .. that tone submits best through V30's. Cleans are out of this world. BF style cleans all the way. Being an owner of two Simulclass Mark IIIs, these amps will rival....easily. I have a Dual Rev G as well so I can confirm in comparison, 50w Rectos are NO slouch.

@Neptical I've owned several Mark IIIs as well, down to one at the moment, and I mostly agree. The Mark III can do beautiful cleans/edge-of-breakup but only if you dial it in completely differently than you would for anything else. It's the usual Mark III thing, if you are picky about tone you can throw away the footswitch because it's absolutely a single-channel amp.

I've always found that getting cleans out of a Rev G is more about keeping your guitar output as low as you can manage- it's easier on a Tverb than on a Rev G Dual because you've got a wider sweep on the gain pot, but clean clean at stage volume is still hard.

Single? Just works.

Also, yeah, agreed on V30s. Gotta be V30s. Was a hard pill to swallow for me because I was a Mark series guy first :LOL:

Just recently got this really pretty Rev F that I'm absolutely in love with. I've also got a Rev G tremoverb, Rev G Dual Rec, a mini rec and a badlander(I also had a 3channel at one point). They're all fantastic and while they're all pretty similar(except the badlander) they've all got different strengths and weaknesses. I mostly play them all unboosted but I have a JHS double barrel thats got a decent tubescreamer in it and I've got a dirty tree coming in the mail soon so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays with everything. When I bought the Rev G dual rec the guy gave me this ibanez super metal pedal that sounds awesome with that amp as a boost with a little more EQ control but I haven't gotten as good a sound out of the other amps with it as I have with the Rev G. Would love to hear if anyone else has messed around with the super metal through a dual rec or in general

Attachments

• IMG_8285.JPG
    IMG_8285.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 0
Back