Rect-O-Verb clip (Constant Motion)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.sku11

Reaction score
I've always been able to nail hard and classic rock tones with my rig but I wanted to see what would happen in the metal area.

Chain:
stock LP Standard Limited (Burstbucker Pros) > Rect-O-Verb Series 2 combo

Bass was done in Fruity Loops and the drums were performed by Mr. Portnoy himself :) Please excuse the messups and some syncing issues.

It's not JP's tone, but I thought it fit in the mix decently.

link only works if pasted in new window/tab:
http://www.freewebs.com/shullmf/constant_motion_clip.mp3

Tanx. :D

I wouldn't consider it better, but I think it's passable given my guitar's typical nature.

I don't know. I was having that same problem when I initially previewed the post. Just open a new browser window/tab and paste the link there.

Sounds good bro! I think if were wanting to aim for a closer sound that you would appreciate an OD in front to tighten things up just a bit for a more Mark series type gain. It sounds great though!

Great sound!!!!!!!

Why do the recto verbs and tremoverbs sound so much more organic than the standard rectifiers

Thanks for the comments guys! 8) Will try to get an original clip up in the near future, especially once I get some better recording gear...

I've tried OD pedals before, but don't really like what they do to the pick attack. I can always tell when someone has one engaged because the pick attack is more fuzzy and less grinding, IMO of course. Yes, it "tightens" the sound, but I actually prefer the bassy and loose sound of the ROV as it is. I want people to feel it in their chest, if ya know what I mean. :D

...frets70 mentioned the word "organic", which is very much the type of tone I'm after.

im diggin the tone too man. I hope when i get a tremoverb that ill sound that sick...did you use an sm57?

stratman687 said:
im diggin the tone too man. I hope when i get a tremoverb that ill sound that sick...did you use an sm57?

Thanks!

I've never played a Tremoverb, but I'm guessing it'll sound bigger, being a Dual Recto.

Regarding the mic, I wish. I actually used a relatively cheap USB conference mic and backed it away about a foot. I'm looking to get a nice dynamic mic w/ interface this Christmas, probably something along the lines of an SM57.

Latest posts

Back