Recovering a Mesa Recto 412 Speaker Grill??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfred

Reaction score
I have a Mesa Recto 412 cab that I need to recover the speaker grill. It doesn't appear that you can get the original Mesa grill cloth from anybody. I called Mesa and was told that I would have to buy the whole grill, frame and all at $200+.. Ouch! From goggling, I found that there used to be a company called Vibroworld that carried the grill cloth but it appears they are out of business. I've seen where Mojotone has something similar. Anybody have any experience with the Mojotone cloth?

http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/Grillcloth/Mojotone-Black-Matrix-Grill-Cloth-34-W.html

I really don't want to kill the tone of the cab but without the grill I afraid I would ruin the speakers during transit. Also I need the grill to tame the highs a bit. If anybody knows where to get OEM Mesa grill cloth please let me know. Thoughts?? I know I'm not the first to want to recover a Mesa grill. What did you guys do?

Thanks

Mike

I've ordered from mojotone...some vintage marshall grill cloth an the mesa black one as well. Great products, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them.

Latest posts

Back