Recording 101

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
I've been looking at a couple of audio interfaces so I can start tracking some guitar... keeping an eye on the 1st Digidesign Mbox's on eBay, also looking at Firebox, and was looking at Lexicon Omega (but I think they use USB 1.1, blah). In another forum over here, I had asked something about loops and someone had mentioned TC Electronics. I was checking out their site and came across their interfaces http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=7625. Does anybody have ANY experience with these particular ones? I can't seem to find reviews on HC or many other places yet... THANKS

I recently bought a Presonus FireBox, and its a good sounding, sturdy device. Comes with decent recording software which is pretty easy to pick up the basics to start get recording quickly but has some fairly advanced features which I am trying to figure out :D

So far the only bad things are when using a mic, I have to play at fairly loud volumes (which my neighbors love :wink: ) to get a normal playback levels, and the other bad thing is you have to pay extra to get unlimited MP3 saves. 10 euros on the steinberg website.

Also the LE version isn't officially supported by Steinberg, I had to do a search on google for the unofficial support website, which has some decent video tutorials.

****, pay to post mp3s? you think that volume thing is a defect? haha i'm sure my neighbors wouldnt appreciate it too much either, but meh, screw 'em

You can save the clips as .wav files and convert them using a free .wav to mp3 converter. But I'm lazy ;)

I dunno about the volume issue, it might just be related to the product. But dual rec's sound better cranked anyway :D

haha well ya, you've got a point there... i just assumed you meant you have to crank it ALL the way up... i dont want my ears to f**k**g bleed while recording haha

Back