Recommend me a good footswitch for the Triaxis.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I'm in need of a good footswitch for my Triaxis, I dont have alot of cash so price is a major plus. I havent seen a cheap abacus in a while and I'd like to have the "volume" pedal as well....Is the Behringer worth a ****?

I have a behringer phobia personally.
The phrase "you get what you pay for" is very much in effect for behringer in my mind.. That said.. I've NOT used their midi footswitch and have seen it in use.. even by pros (Ty Tabor of King's X for example).

Brian

For simple and direct access, I like the Rocktron MIDI Mate with my Triaxis. Though I could use one of my other MIDI controllers for my entire rig, I prefer to keep my preamp separate so that I can change effects easily with one controller, and a separate one lets me change amp channels, or in the case of my Triaxis, more channels than I know what do with :).

You can use it with a 7-pin cable and phantom power, too. Used, they're quite inexpensive.

Scott

I've been using a Sansamp Midi Mouse with my Triaxis for about a year. It works fine and takes up almost no room.

If you see a Digitech PMC-10 MIDI footswitch for under $200 in good shape, grab it. It has an alphanumeric display, so you can name each preset after a song or whatever, and it can send multiple program control change messages on different channels so you can control the Triaxis and several MIDI multieffect units independently. It can also send another string of MIDI messages when you take your foot OFF the footswitch button in case you want to hold an effect only as long as you have your foot on the button.

I've always used a Ground Control from Digital Music Corp to control my Traxis/2:90/G-Major rig. I connect an Ernie Ball volume pedal to it for continuous control of my delay volume. I also use a 7 pin MIDI cable so I can connect the power supply to the back of the Triaxis and only have only cable going to the pedalboard. I've had it for four years and have never had an issue with it. Heres the best part: I paid $69 for it used.

I'm using a Yamaha midi switcher. It only has 5 channels, but it was only $2.97 at one of the Guitar Center blowout deals. If you have a large GC in your area, you can definitely save a buck with their used stuff. After a couple of gigs, I plan on getting the latest Behringer controller.

Latest posts

Back