Recipe for....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbalderrama

Reaction score
oh my #$&#@&$*@# gawd tone.....

1 Mark IV.
1 Mark IIC+.
2 C90's in open back cabs
2 Theile EVM
1 Guitar
1 stereo chorus

plug guitar into chorus. Set chorus for a very light chorus. Plug left out into Mark IV. Plug right out into Mark IIC+. Set Both amps to similar but slightly different heavy metal tone of your choice. I like to get them to the really heavy but not fizzy point, which generally means about 6 on each of the gain and drive knobs and a mild scoop in the EQ.

Crank volume to level to let the speakers take the low volume fizz out, or higher if you happen to be in, say, an aircraft hanger.

Put guitar into Drop D tuning. Headbang till you ears are bleeding. Go clean out shorts. Continue. :)

BoogieBackline2.jpg

I will bet good money that does sound really nice.

Where is the smily with his tung hanging out when you need him. :lol:

Very imressive setup. :shock: :)

supramax said:
Would you mind sharing the C+ settings? 8) Looks Great !!

well, at the moment its Vol 1 6.5 not pulled, Treble 7.5 pulled, Bass 2 not pulled, middle 7, master 2 pulled, lead drive 6 pulled, lead master 2. Simul class on. EQ: 80 top line, 240 just above center, 750 1/2 between bottom and center, 2200 almost to top line, 6600 just above centered. When scooping out the 750 I find that I like to bring the upper mids back on the 2200 to bring back some of the articulation. Small adjustments of the 750 slider make a big difference in the sound as well. I find that most of the controls stay pretty consistent on the lead channel for me, and I locate the 750 depending on whether I'm looking for more scooped and heavy or more articulate. Settings will also change depending on overal volume as well to some extent.

The IIC+ has a C90 in the combo and the EVM Theile extension.

Very nice setup. My old MkI had the EQ moved in the circuit like yours and the Post FX Level mod to add a true effects loop. It made for a very interesting amp. As for the C+ and MkIV stereo setup, I have heard this tone and agree 100%. It will make you weak in the knees. :twisted:

phyrexia said:
I fart in your general direction!

If you come to North Alabama, eat lots of beans. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC03377.jpg

Thanks, I tried them and it sounded Great !! :)
Can't wait to try mine on a suiting 412 though.. and some nice effects...

What setting do you use on the Presence knob?

Interesting idea about the setup!! :twisted:

Fantastic!

Do you have any experience/input on what 4x12 I should choose for the +, btw?

I have a potential deal on a Standard (Supersized) Recto cab. Does it differ that much from a Traditional one..?

Not too hijack, but how do you like chorus in front of your modern gain sound? I've never really tried it out to be honest, do you prefer it in front of the amp or in the loop?

supramax said:
Fantastic!

Do you have any experience/input on what 4x12 I should choose for the +, btw?

I have a potential deal on a Standard (Supersized) Recto cab. Does it differ that much from a Traditional one..?

I don't know that much about the 4x12's, unfortunately. I'll put a couple of Theiles up against most 4x12's I've heard though.

Ukalali Solo said:
Not too hijack, but how do you like chorus in front of your modern gain sound? I've never really tried it out to be honest, do you prefer it in front of the amp or in the loop?

I only used a very small amount of chorus mostly to get a little stereo spread, so I think it worked ok in front. In general I think Chorus, flange, etc sound best in the loop, but I wanted to make use of both preamps, rather than say taking the fx out to the chorus, and sending the left out to the IV's fx in and the right out to the II's fx in. I've done that before as well, and it sounds good, but its fatter if you use both preamps with slightly different tones. I noticed that just using an AB to go to both amps instead of a chorus worked pretty well also.... there was a very slight bit of natural delay/chorusing going on between the two amps anyway.

Put guitar into Drop D tuning. Headbang till you ears are bleeding. Go clean out shorts. Continue.

No
Put guitar into drop c. Brutalize guitar until your sweating. Soil yourself. Then go get some taco bell :D

Back