Rec Pre with 20/20?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoG

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone uses a rec pre with a 20/20, or has any experience with that setup. I could afford a 2:100, but I don't really need the features, don't need that much power/volume, and I'd like to keep my rack to a manageable weight.

dude ! i was totally thinking the same thing. i have heard some clips of a tri-axis through the 20-20 and those are unbelieveable. i am really diging the el84 vibe big time. go for it dude i think you will be happy. if not...sell to me.

I am currently running a Recto pre through a 20/20 and the sound is awesome and more then loud enough. I have heard it run through the 2:100 many times and although the extra voicing in the 2:100 do add some extra punch it is not a night/day kind of difference.
You would be more then happy with a 20/20.
Don't let the 20W fool you. You never need to go more then half way on the volume to be louder then god.

kmoed-- thanks for the info. what kind of cabs/spkrs you running with it?

My Standard is a Mesa 2X12 Recto Cab but I often run it through a Marshall 4 X 12 as well, sounds great through either though I prefer the mesa cab.

.. 2 X 12 Comes stock with V30's.

Back