• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RARE #15217 MK III Simul-Class Black Dot w/pedals for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfinephoto

Reaction score
Hi All,
You probably already know this stuff better than I do, but I am selling this on Ebay and just cut and pasted the info. The auction number is 140306903818. There are many pix on the auction page, and you can also go to http://www.dfinephoto.com/boogie/ and take a look.

A very, very early Mesa Boogie MK III Black Dot Head, Serial #15217- in fact, it was the 217th made according to my research. This early model still used the monster Simul 105 PT transformers (this one is #105-162318) found in the MK IIc+. The date codes verify that the transformer was produced in the 39th week of 1984.

What makes this EXTRA rare is that instead of Mike B's initials under the power cord, this is signed by the man himself, "RCS", or Randall C. Smith, the founder of Mesa Boogie. Rumor has it that Mike B was out on off site Tech visits to Prince's Purple Rain Tour in late 84, which prevented him from signing late IIC+'s, and apparently early MK III's as well. There are apparently three known MK IIC+'s signed by him, and I believe that this is the first MK III ever found.

Fell free to call or email.
Thx,
Dan Fine
860-306-9196

Back