Quick mini rectifier question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been asked before. I ran a search but did not find any threads.

Are the mini rectifiers powerful enough for a 4X12? Namely a Diesel 4X12 with V 30's?

Really digging the clips and want something simple that I can take to the studio.....run a squeaky clean channel.....and a djent channel. Thanks all!

Actually, guitar speakers are quite efficient, so you can drive a 4x12 with a 5W, or probably a 1W amp without any problem.

A 25W amp is almost as loud as a 50W amp. My MR is deafening through a recto 2x12.

In simple terms, yes, you can drive a 4x12 with a MR. And it will sound WICKED :twisted:

Don't let the 'mini' part fool you.. this is one bad *** amp. You'll be able to melt the paint off the walls with no problem.

Killer guys!

I am psyched. I normally use a Mark V, but she has been in the shop for a while now (Don't ask, I have no idea what is wrong with it :oops: ).

What I like about the mini recto is that it seems more plug in play obviously then the Mark V and all I need is a nice clean, FX loop and some brootz. I can imagine going to gigs and rehearsal with such a light amp, I will be set. Will post feedback when I get her!

Hey man, whats going on.

Yeah ended up not getting the mini as I played a brand new Dual Recto and took that home. Really an improvement IMO from the recto's I had in say 2003-2005. I find most of the changes on the clean channel (meaning better cleans), less fizzy and flubby distortion and overall less noise and pop's.

Latest posts

Back