Question: DC-3 Footswitch problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumptone

Reaction score
The amp works fine without the footswitch plugged in - in other words I'm able to select normal and drive via the manual switch on the front of the amp, and I'm able to engage the eq also manually in both channels.

With the footswitch plugged in (and everything set correctly to change channels and engage eq by footswitch), I'm able to switch between normal and drive, but when I step on the eq assign button in drive, the amp flips over to normal with no eq.

Does this sound like a problem with the footswitch itself, or a problem with the footswitch jack.

I hooked up a 2-button Fender footswitch and was able to engage drive with eq and normal without eq (which is what I normally use anyway), but was not able to de-activate eq in the drive channel nor engage eq in clean. Very strange.

Thought, ideas and comments welcome please. Thanks.

I'd rule out the cable first of all. At least with mine there is a problem close to the jack, resulting in a somewhat random pedal function. It goes away if I wiggle it a bit and keep it in the right position, and then come back again after some moving around. Probably some breakage close to the jack.

The footswitch circuit for the Fender switch and the DC-3 are completely different.

1. The Fender uses a 2 conductor cord, the switching is done through modulation from what I've seen, but I could be totally full of it too.
2. The DC uses a 3 conductor or stereo cord.

What revision of DC is your amp?
Is the tolex black or gray?
Does the EQ switch from the front or the back?
Do you have the toggle switch for the EQ, or the Rotary switch?

PM me and I will try to draw the correct footswitch schematic for your amp. I have to work until 4am tonight, so I might not get back to you for a couple of days, but I just built one for my DC-3 that works great.

What's happening with the Fender footswitch, I think, is that they are both hooked to the same wire, so they might be in series. One of these days I hope to have time, and a newer Fender amp to disect to find out exactly how they work.

Latest posts

Back