Question about volume matching

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carpediem666

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals of the mesa world

I own a 3 channel dual rec and I was wondering about getting the levels matched between channels.

Is it better to get a nice clean tone for example and then match the dirty channels to that. Or is it better to do it the other way round?

The reason I ask is because I can't get a nice clean tone with the master volume up around 3pm on the clean channel if I have the dirty channel master on 10pm.

If I turn it lower it seems like there is a massive volume difference when i change channels.

Any help would be great.

carpediem666 said:
Hey guys and gals of the mesa world

I own a 3 channel dual rec and I was wondering about getting the levels matched between channels.

Is it better to get a nice clean tone for example and then match the dirty channels to that. Or is it better to do it the other way round?

The reason I ask is because I can't get a nice clean tone with the master volume up around 3pm on the clean channel if I have the dirty channel master on 10pm.

If I turn it lower it seems like there is a massive volume difference when i change channels.

Any help would be great.

Use your Channel masters to balance the volume between channels, and the Output control for the overall volume of the amp. There are many ways to go about this, but I prefer to start with the clean channel - then it just takes some tweaking between the 3 channels to balance them. Use moderate levels on your Channel Masters to begin with - nothing too low or too high, and you will find the balance.

Latest posts

Back