Question about Mark IIB purchase

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jressell

Reaction score
How does this amp stack up against the IIC+? Sorry for the broad question. I'm not as versed as many of you are in the Boogie amplifiers.

The amp is:

79 Mark II B 100wt/60wt
5 push pulls

In my opinion the 2b is a great amp but if your looking for some thing similar to a 2c+ look else where! Your best bet would be to get a Mark 3 as these are going cheap as chips at the mo.There,s also quite a lot of pre amps with 2c+ settings the quad and the studio pre and if you want to spend more money the tri-axis! Amp wise if you want to spend more money check out a used mark 4. Failing that your talking big bucks for a Mark 5 or the amp its self......my advice is to get the mark3...IT,S NOT A 2C+!!!...but it will cover the same ground, has an extra channel and is probably your cheapest option! I have a green stripe(mark 3) its hands down the best amp i,ve ever played!

That,s another reason to get a mark 3 then,i personally prefer the clean channel on the 3 (to that of the mark 4,s) and the lead channel is just which ever you prefer(the 4,s tighter but the 3,s got more gain and is a bit more aggressive!)....but hey i like my 2b as well!

Latest posts

Back