QUAD OUTPUT LEVEL?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mribanezmetal

Reaction score
Hi guys! As a new owner of a Quad Im curious as to what level you all have at the main outs. Ive found the tone darkens up very quickly btwn 2-4 and gets WAY to hot on settings above 7 or 8 giving unfavourable distortion into the power amp.

I have found the using the effects send gives a good result and adjusting main volume on the effects unit (rocktron xpression) I think I read on another thread that MB at Boogie suggested using this method for the Studio into a 50/50 to best replicate a IIC+ as the effects send was sort of 'side chained' to the main outs and had a different tone?

Cheers

There are a few settings posted here if you want to check them out and add your own...

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=208504&highlight=#208504

I run my main outs at approx 2,5 and let the power amp do the work it does best. I find that I have much better tone and control this way. I prefer using the fx loop but you can try using the main outs as your sends like you suggested. This gives you control over both the output and send level. It does sound a bit different... a matter of taste really.

Latest posts

Back