Problem with running reverb pedal into Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fndrplyr9

Reaction score
I have ran the reverb pedal thru the FX loop and thru the front and I get a really weird farty sound with every note I play. The reverb pedal is brand new. It's a Boss '65 Fender Deluxe Reverb pedal and I'm powering it via power supply. I also tried a cheap Beringer reverb pedal and it did the same thing. Any other effects pedal that I run thru it works fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

It might be the fact that you are trying to run that pedal through a parallel effects loop. I would suggest two things. Try messing with send and return mix on back of rectifier. Is that pedal digital or analog? Anything I tried putting through the effects loop that was digital with regards to delay or reverb did not sound good at all. I then purchased a Tech 21 reverb pedal (Analog) and ran it through my effects loop (Triple Rec) and it works fantastic. Good Luck!

Go get that Tech 21 RVB pedal. It works great through the effects loop on the triple. I love this pedal. It was worth every penny.

yeah.ive tried tons of reverb pedals though my dually and not one sounds good to me.
ive tried through the loop and just guitar to pedal to amp.They all sound hissy and weak.NO SATURATION.I just gave up on the reverb thing for now.Well see what happens. :x

That Deluxe Reverb pedal is not a digital reverb pedal as such, it's an amp modeling pedal that contains reverb... totally different. You won't get good results with it unless you're plugging into a totally clean amp I don't think - it will sound terrible either in front of an amp with distortion, or in the loop.

If you want reverb on your Dual Rectifier any *normal* reverb pedal should work - eg a Boss RV2/RV3/RV5, EH Holy Grail etc - and is best in the loop. There is a problem with some pedals in that the loop is parallel and can cause some latency issues, but I don't think the Boss pedals (certainly not the RV2 and RV3) do this since they keep the dry part of the signal analog.

If you can't get a good tone with the pedal at 'normal' settings, try it with the pedal mix set to full effect and use the amp's Mix pot to control the reverb level. That will definitely work since only the reverb is being added.

God knows why mesa made such a great amp with such a shithouse effects loop, I have never heard any good news about a parallel effects loop. There is always the MOD option

Latest posts

Back