• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pre-500 Dual Recitifier for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veilside-bpu

Reaction score
I'm in a current financial bind and am considering selling my pre-500 (serial in low 400s) Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier head. The head is in beautiful condition, has the chrome faceplate, and has fresh tubes throughout.

I don't know what I would be willing to sell it for, so I am currently entertaining offers. I know that pre-500s are very tough to come by and that prices can be rather high for them depending on the current market, which I am unaware of its state today. I bought the head some years back (2004) for a little over $2200, which was, at that time, a good deal since many were selling well over $2500 and even as high as $3000.

It breaks my heart to even consider selling it, but life has left me with little choice. Feel free to send me a PM or leave a comment here. I'll log-in once a day to see if there are any offers. Sorry for the unconventional approach in selling the head.

I won't acknowledge low-ball offers, and likely wouldn't be interested in a trade, but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks, everyone. :) :)

Ok, I've gotten a good number of PMs about the head and now that I've received a few solid offers, I now have a better idea of what the current market seems to be for a pre-500 today, and I now feel comfortable to put up a solid asking price.

Given the offers received and the amount of buzz that the posting generated, I feel that $2250 is a fair price. That does not include shipping.

**Steve, PM sent.

Thanks, all.

Latest posts

Back