Power Tubes & Jingle Bells

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATR1

Reaction score
I started playing my combo and heard a jingling. After investigating found by tapping power tubes with eraser they sounded like jingle bells. Are my power tubes going? I have been noticing more hiss on all channels last 2 weeks. :shock: Thx for the help.

Changed out PTs to JJs 6L6, and went threw all my 12ax7s on 1st slot to test for noise. Channel 3 gain set at 4 o clock, volume around 3 oclock. no cables plugged in other than speaker. Found 3 tubes feeding back. I think it was more of a 12ax7 tube problem. I still cannot believe some of you have a quiet channel 3 extreme? Any suggestions on quieting my V1 slot?
Thx for the help. Any one using the KOKO Boost? I think it sounds pretty good.

Last time I heard that it was with a 12AX7 (preamp ) tube. It sounds like glass bottles are just touching and rattling together. Maybe check out your V1 tube as well. If you got an extra lying around, throw it in and see if it stops.

This is pretty common in combos and is referred to as power tube 'rattle'. Replacing the tubes might fix it or you can try some tube dampers (high temp o-rings).

I don't want to hijack the thread, but my new Roadster head is doing the same thing! I never heard anything coming from my Single recto head, but this one, I "hear the tubes" when the amp is on standby. I thought it might be the rectifier tubes, 'cause it the only type of tubes I didn't have with my single recto...

?

Latest posts

Back