Power consumption of Recto Preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r_cod_81

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just scored a Recto recording preamp on ebay. It's a US voltage version and as I live in the UK I will be needing a 240-to-120V converter.

My question is what is the power consumption of the Recto preamp? I want to make sure that I get a converter of the correct rating.

Cheers in advance,
Richard

From the online manual :
The total power consumption for the Recto Pre is 1Amp @ 117 Volts

That should equate to around 120w over here.
I use a Maplins 300w converter for some US gear - it should be more than capable for this.

manual quotes Recto Pre 1Amp @ 117V .... I'd use 200-300VA just to be on the safe side.

HTH

Cheers guys, I saw the '1A @ 117V' in the manual, just wanted to check what other folk were using.

*awaits delivery :D *

Hey R cod, not to hijack your thread, but I see you use a peq2200.I just got one off ebay at a really good price.How do you like it?, I've never played with a peq before, but I've read good things about them.Any suggestions on setting it up?.I haven't got it yet but it should be here in a few days.Good luck with your Recto.

Hey Masher, well it does the job for me! I use in the effects loop of my studio preamp to cut some mids (surprise...) I usually stick the low-cut filter at about 100Hz and use bands 2 and 3 to make small cuts at about 300 and 550 Hz. I had a graphic EQ before but it wasn't quite flexible enough.

Have fun!

lento said:
I use a Maplins 300w converter for some US gear - it should be more than capable for this.

Aaaand - that's what I went for.

Recto preamp arrived yesterday, got it fired up last night and it's sounding pretty good! Definitely complements my Studio preamp and means I won't need to buy any more amps, ever (hah!).

Latest posts

Back