popping noise on mark V 25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not sure if I did not notice it before but I have noticed a popping nose while changing channels on my mark V 25. Has anyone else had this experience?

Do you have power settings the same on the channels. I don't know about the 25. But the 90watt model's manual says there will be a pop if you switch from a channel on 90watt mode to a channel set to 10watt mode.

I think they were set the same but that is a good idea. I will double check. I did gig with a 16 ohm cab this weekend.

I ran mine into my old 1960 with G12-65's. Sounded godlike compared to that single C90 (I've the combo).
I don't think the mismatch will have done any harm. The manual says it's OK to run 16ohm into the 8ohm socket.
I rewired my cab to 4ohms as my Marshalls run 4, 8 or 16. Pretty easy to do.

I don't have a V:25, but sometimes I get pops if I have a ground loop ground loop somewhere. Plugging a pedalboard into a different power outlet than the amp is one potential source, as is using a single power supply (Godlyke Powerall, DC Brick, etc) to power effects both in front of the amp and in the loop.

Higher quality power supplies with buffered outputs (Pedal Power series) help to prevent that issue.

I had a similar issue with my Mark V. I forget where I read this, but it usually does the trick: amp on standby, watts set at highest setting, cycle through all of the channels on the footswitch. Flip the standby switch, and voila! no more pops.

Thanks so Much. I'm going to a Christmas eve rehearsal and will give it a try tonight!

Latest posts

Back