Please tell me about the "British Shred" on the V1 TriAxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V!N

Reaction score
I may have a lead on a V1 TriAxis, but I'm not sure what to expect from it. My current pre-amp is the Marshall JMP-1 and it already packs more British Shred then I could ever need !

I'm looking for a more modern sound to use for symphonic / goth-ish kind of metal. Will the V1 give me the suitable fistful-of-rocks-in-a-blender Mesa grind for that ? 8)

I also have a couple of other questions:

Can it be software upgraded to have the CC of V2 ?

I heard the recording outputs are different than on later versions, in what way ? It is stereo I hope ?

Does it have the four remote outputs to switch stuff on the 2:Ninety or other gear ?

thank you !

I think you will have plenty of shred ! I use mine for playing old school british punk. Just increase the medium and enjoy that beautifull edge across clean and overdrive. Add a little more gain and hit the string powerfully, that's it !

With over 110 views, I was expecting a bit more than this.
Come on, surely one of you has owned, tried or seen a V1 ?

The seller is in a bit of a hurry. Any helpful replies would be
greatly appreciated.

I have heard of people getting the software update to version 2 - at least in the past it was possible. It does have the switching jacks for the 2:90. It won't have the recto board for LD1. If you don't care about the recto sound, there won't be much difference once you upgrade the software. I don't know how that is done though - you would have to contact Mesa to find out how this is done. It may not even be offered any more. You need to check this before buying.

Back