Please Help Diagnose - Badlander 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevelander

Reaction score
Hello fellow Mesa kin folk

I've just picked up a badlander 100 a month ago and channel 1 crush mode does not work for maybe 20 minutes. This is after letting the tubes warm up for at least 5 minutes and only happens on channel 1.
This didnt happen when I first purchased the amp. Have tried replacing power tubes with no luck. have not tried replacing pre tubes yet and dont want to spend the money if that won't resolve the issue. I've put a ticket in with mesa and no reply yet.

Any thoughts on this?

Really appreciate any input.

Welcome to the forum.

If this is a Ch 1 only problem with crush mode I would say it’s more than just tubes, and more than the user can service.

Was the amp bought new or used?

When you say “crush mode does not work for maybe 20 minutes” do you mean if you wait 20 minutes it works as expected?

Dom

Just returned it.

To clarify...channel 1 crunch and crush did not work immediately after turning the amp on. would have to play the clean mode (which worked) and run signal though it for a while and wait for crunch and crush to "accumulate" in a sense then switch over to crush...very intermittent as it would sometimes choose to work after a while.

last night I got fed up with it and decided to let it go. not a good feeling spending that kinda of money with that type of issue.

Thanks for the response...hopefully someone may be able to diagnose to help another user.

Latest posts

Back