Placement of effects - need help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oyster

Reaction score
I am a bit confused... :oops:

I bought a solo50 (single rec) a while back, and in order to create "MY TONE", I bought the following stompers and arranged the signal chain in the following order:

- Guitar
- Inline tuner
- Wah
- Reverb
- Mesa single rec amp

The amp is distorting the reverb sound which is very unappealing especially on high gain sounds. I am thinking that I should stick the reverb in the effects loop, instead of having it ahead of the preamp etc. Is this correct?

Second question, where should I place the Wah? Should I put it in the fx loop as well, or leave it near the front of the signal chain? Someone told me that modulation type effects should be AFTER everything, is Wah not one of these types of effects?

Thanks
Dave
:?:

Hello, you are correct about the reverb, I would also put that in the effects loop. Also the wah should go infront of the amp instead of in the loop, well thats the way I would connect it and many other people that i know that own SR and DR connect it that way too. Hope this helped in any way.

Latest posts

Back