Pics of my MK III - Just for fun

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emoto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Took a few pics of my old MK III that I bought factory direct in the mid 1980s. Thought you might enjoy seeing them. Any and all comments as to what I have are welcome. My sales receipt etc., is all long lost. I think I recall it being the 100 watt version. I see a stripe above the power cord, but I haven't figured out the whole stripe thing yet, is that a faded black stripe?

The only mod is swapping out the original speaker for a JBL E120. Oh, and using dry erase marker on the knobs to mark some settings that I used to like. :lol:

I'll post the pics inline, and then a gallery link. The originals are rather large, but if anyone is trying to see more detail, go to the gallery link and select the pic you want and then mouse-over it - a little menu will appear, select Original from that.

i-DPKJrLR-L.jpg

i-B9tfvMC-L.jpg

i-CTKZbJ3-L.jpg

i-bjf9gnq-L.jpg

i-2nsMWMn-L.jpg

i-NF9J6Nw-L.jpg

i-XJchw2n-L.jpg

Gallery: http://emoto.smugmug.com/Other/Mesa-Boogie-MK-III/27257705_PKPx3G

Nice! :mrgreen: I take it you play something other than Metallica if you put a JBL speaker in it. ;)

kdorsey said:
Nice! :mrgreen: I take it you play something other than Metallica if you put a JBL speaker in it. ;)

Thanks. Yeah, not a hard rock kind of guy. Used the amp in a number of bands over the years ranging from pure cover bands (which, ok that did have some hard rock stuff) but there has been fusion/progressive rock and jam band stuff as well as blues and some jazz.

I have the same amp also bought new, factory direct in the mid 80's.

- Simul Class MkIII (Purple Stripe) with Reverb/ No EQ

It like yours is a 15/75 watt model (15 watts in Class A - 75 Watts in Simul Class)
The price was around $1150+ back then. I have the original sales receipt somewhere.... when I get a chance to dig it out I'll let you know what you paid.

Based on the quote in your Sig, we have something else in common.
It totally explains the JBL as well ;-)

Emoto said:
Hi guys,

Took a few pics of my old MK III that I bought factory direct in the mid 1980s. Thought you might enjoy seeing them. Any and all comments as to what I have are welcome. My sales receipt etc., is all long lost. I think I recall it being the 100 watt version. I see a stripe above the power cord, but I haven't figured out the whole stripe thing yet, is that a faded black stripe?

The only mod is swapping out the original speaker for a JBL E120. Oh, and using dry erase marker on the knobs to mark some settings that I used to like. :lol:

I'll post the pics inline, and then a gallery link. The originals are rather large, but if anyone is trying to see more detail, go to the gallery link and select the pic you want and then mouse-over it - a little menu will appear, select Original from that.

I was working as a motorcycle mechanic for next to no $ in those days and it was a HUGE crazy expense for me at the time. I am SO glad I did it, though.

Oh, and yeah, you got me. :lol:

gts said:
I have the same amp also bought new, factory direct in the mid 80's.

- Simul Class MkIII (Purple Stripe) with Reverb/ No EQ

It like yours is a 15/75 watt model (15 watts in Class A - 75 Watts in Simul Class)
The price was around $1150+ back then. I have the original sales receipt somewhere.... when I get a chance to dig it out I'll let you know what you paid.

Based on the quote in your Sig, we have something else in common.
It totally explains the JBL as well ;-)

Emoto said:
Hi guys,

Back