Pic of my current rig - Mesa ~ ENGL ~ Bogner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslayer

Reaction score
Just posting a group shot of my current array of amps. Thanks for checkin it out!

IMG_3151_zps65ed42e3.jpg

IMG_3159_zps446f0ffe.jpg

guitarslayer said:
Just posting a group shot of my current array of amps. Thanks for checkin it out!

IMG_3151_zps65ed42e3.jpg

IMG_3159_zps446f0ffe.jpg

Question: In your opinion, which amp has the best cleans and best classic and hard rock tone? Can the Bogner get classy?

Adambomb said:
Question: In your opinion, which amp has the best cleans and best classic and hard rock tone? Can the Bogner get classy?
The Bogner can cover all of the above with different gain and EQ settings and has the best overall cleans. The mesa gets great classic tones as well. Between the two the Bogner takes my vote but the mesa isn't far behind, its just differant. What do you mean by classy?

guitarslayer said:
Adambomb said:
The Bogner can cover all of the above with different gain and EQ settings and has the best overall cleans. The mesa gets great classic tones as well. Between the two the Bogner takes my vote but the mesa isn't far behind, its just differant. What do you mean by classy?

Oh by saying classy I was just meaning like a classic rock tone. Your answer was what I was hoping you would say. Bogners and Mesa's are in my opinion the best USA made mass produced "boutique" type amps. Been really wanting a Bogner for a long time. They sound great with Les Paul's. I've played a few over the years at Guitar Center. Your right the cleans were always good on the Bogners. They seem to have a really 3D like super smooth overdrive and distortion channels too. Just got a Mini Recto so a Bogner will probably be next in line but I'll have to wait atleast a couple more years to get one. What kind of Bogner is that? What would be the Mark V of Bogners IYHO?

Adambomb said:
guitarslayer said:
Adambomb said:

Oh by saying classy I was just meaning like a classic rock tone. Your answer was what I was hoping you would say. Bogners and Mesa's are in my opinion the best USA made mass produced "boutique" type amps. Been really wanting a Bogner for a long time. They sound great with Les Paul's. I've played a few over the years at Guitar Center. Your right the cleans were always good on the Bogners. They seem to have a really 3D like super smooth overdrive and distortion channels too. Just got a Mini Recto so a Bogner will probably be next in line but I'll have to wait atleast a couple more years to get one. What kind of Bogner is that? What would be the Mark V of Bogners IYHO?
That's a Überschall revision 2. And I would have to agree with Dom, the ecstasy which is bogners most fully featured amp, I believe.

Can you compare the Engl heaviest channel to the modern channel on the Rec? I've never heard an Engl in person but would like an opinion on it. Looks like it's a Fireball which is the one that I'd probably consider.

2manygadgets said:
Can you compare the Engl heaviest channel to the modern channel on the Rec? I've never heard an Engl in person but would like an opinion on it. Looks like it's a Fireball which is the one that I'd probably consider.
Its hard to explain how they differ, Two different beasts. Here is a link to my youtube channel, I have clips of all the amps there. The Bogner clip need updating tho. http://www.youtube.com/user/guitaristguy20?feature=mhee

Latest posts

Back