Parkway Drive (PICS LOADED...finally)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
Saw these guys in concert tonight, and they were awesome. One of the guitarists uses a Dual Recto Rackmount, along with a BBE sonic Maximizer rackmount and an Maxon OD808 in his pedalboard.....sounded absolutely BRUTAL. Played an ESP/LTD Eclipse II w/EMG's through that setup into a Mesa Stiletto cab (Recto Trad.) I got pics of his rig on my phone, i'll upload them on here soon. Great show, crazy crowd.......if you like heavy music, they're a great band to go see. Plus their Aussie accent is cool.

SSPX0637.jpg

SSPX0638.jpg

SSPX0639.jpg

-AJH

haaha

i used to know the drummer.. my friends band used to play with them every now and then.. nice group of guy's..

yeah there awesome.. there are quite a few good Aus metal bands like that.

Argh, I'm kicking myself right now for not going to that show. :x I can't believe I missed Killswitch AND Every Time I Die.

Yeah, I wish that they would've been with KSE, but this was an in-between show in Thomasville at a place called "The Soundvent". It was actually kind of funny, my band played an early set for a show in High Point, then left, and went to that show and got there just in time to see Parkway....it was a great night.

-AJH

rackmount? every time i see them in aus there usin a rev g dual boosted but they always use different gear when in the us

Areola said:
:?

maybe one day i'll learn what the attraction to emo music is

...Parkway Drive isn't emo. They are metalcore. My Chemical Romance (shitty) is emo. I'm not saying all emo music is bad, some is actually pretty good (Lost Prophets), but metalcore isn't emo. Tried to be more open-minded about music.

honestly, i think KSE is pretty overrated nowadays. they were so much better before they got so **** popular. i'm not saying they're bad because they're popular, but Alive or Just Breathing and their self titled are far superior to The End of Heartache and As Daylight Dies.

eh, I like Howard's vocals better, and their tone is just awesome IMO. I dig the newer stuff, but it's not for everyone.

-AJH

i must agree that their tone is godly. adam d is one hell of a producer, too.

fitz8005 said:
adam d is one hell of a producer, too.

Yeah, he's def. got "the knack" for heavy sounds. He actually produced Parkway's newest album, which I thought was pretty cool. I'd love to have the opportunity to work with him, even though I heard he's kinda rough on you until you get it right lol......but hey, he gets awesome results so I wouldn't complain.

-AJH

Jeff's rig pic are up top and below the Racktifier is a 5150 that wasn't being used. I didn't get to the other side to get the other guy's rig pics, but he just had a 5150 and an unlabeled/white-painted beater cab and played an ESP/LTD MH model w/EMG's.

-AJH

What the F is emo music? I feel like the guy in Saving Private Ryan, "Guys there's no FUBAR, in the German Dictionary."

Kiss My Axe said:
Areola said:
:?

maybe one day i'll learn what the attraction to emo music is

...Parkway Drive isn't emo. They are metalcore. My Chemical Romance (sh!t) is emo. I'm not saying all emo music is bad, some is actually pretty good (Lost Prophets), but metalcore isn't emo. Tried to be more open-minded about music.

hardcore/emocore/metalcore/emo/emotive hardcore
its all the same to someone who listens to Kyuss.

When bands scream about some bullshit about how they're oh so sad and have any kind of fringe, they're all emo. its all crap music based around the sterility of 80s hair metal with a goth/punk fashion sense.

It's like trying to define a difference between black metal, death metal and heavy metal.

i see a

maxon od808
maxon compressor
boss tuner

whats the other boss pedal with the black writing?

the last time i saw them (earlier this year or late last) they each ran two 5150's (mind you this was a massive venue)

Back