Packaging

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesD

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was so i thought here. I am probably going to be selling my 3ch Dual Rectifier in the very near future, due to some bills that need to be paid. I do not have the original box it came in, and was wondering what the best alternative to packaging it was?

Would it be best for me to take it somewhere and get it packaged or is it something that i can do myself with no worries? The odd part for me is finding a box to fit it. Anyways, thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Take it to a place like the UPS Store, Pakmail, or Mail Center. You'll pay a little more (which any buyer will not mind paying to ensure a smooth transaction) but they will pack it properly and help mitigate in the event of a claim.

You won't have to worry about the box because they will custom design one for it. I recommend pulling and packing the tubes and fuse yourself(warn the buyer about the fuse!) in a seperate box. I shipped a 70lbs Rectoverb Combo this way to France with no issues.

Sorry it's got to go. Good luck.

the one thing I would tell you to watch out for is using only packing peanuts. With a heavy amp like that, the peanuts can easily shift or get squashed inside and then all you have protecting the amp is the cardboard! It's happened to people on this board numerous times.

I personally like to put styrofoam padding in addition to packing peanuts. If you can, put two boxes! Make sure the corners of the amp are well supported, as this is where breakage is most likely to occur. Just think, "If this gets thrown, will it survive?"

+1 to removing the tubes

+1 having UPS Store or the like pack it for you. If they pack it, there is no question in the event of a claim as long as you pay for shipping insurance for the FULL VALUE. It will likely cost you around $80 to have them pack it and ship it insured. It's worth it though...

MusicManJP6 said:
+1 having UPS Store or the like pack it for you. If they pack it, there is no question in the event of a claim as long as you pay for shipping insurance for the FULL VALUE. It will likely cost you around $80 to have them pack it and ship it insured. It's worth it though...

+1000000000

I've read too many shipping related horror stories. C.Y.A. (cover your a$$)

Dom

Thanks everyone. that is what i am going to be doing then for sure. I have no problem paying to get it packaged and shipped the correct way. I had already planned on putting the tubes separate(sp?) but didn't think about the fuse as well, thanks for the heads up on that. I am sad to see it have to go, but life steps in sometimes and slaps the face..lol

Anyways, i will probably be posting it up this weekend here, and give it a few days before going to the bay. If anyone is interested let me know, i will have full description and pics when i post it. Thanks again to all that had comments, very helpful! Last thing i want to do in this is give myself a bad name and/or give someone a busted amp that was in great shape.

Latest posts

Back