PA System EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesD

Reaction score
Hello. Lately it seems we have been having trouble with our PA at practice. Nothing wrong with the PA, but we aren't mixing something right to get good clean vocals. While we can get the vocals loud they seem to run into each other. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to run them or EQ them to have loud vocals and still clear Vocals. Thanks in advance.

James-

What power amp, speakers and mixer are you using. You may be under powering the speakers. We had the same problem until I picked up a used PLX2402 and a pair of PV SP115M monitors.

ned said:
James-

What power amp, speakers and mixer are you using. You may be under powering the speakers. We had the same problem until I picked up a used PLX2402 and a pair of PV SP115M monitors.
Woah, QSC PLX Power Amp Series => good stuff :p

Picked it up used like everything else. Did grab a new pair of PV SP2's with Brook Mays going out of business though and a B-stock VSX26 for incredibly low price.

We used to run a Mackie board and Power amp in my last band. I would always use the low end roll off switch, cut the low 100%, and cut the mids just a bit (i forget which freq but it was a bit to the right of the center). That should eliminate feedback and give you a good starting point. Make sure your Input gain/mic trim is set according to the singer. Your room and setup of speakers will make a huge difference as well. Just be concious of what you are doing while setting up. I am sure there are some good books on live sound you should check out.

Latest posts

Back