Ordering an Avatar cab this week, speaker advice?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
I'm ordering a new cab tomorrow. This will be my second cab from Avatar. I don't own the other one anymore. It was one of the old Avatars back when they only cost $250 and used Eminence speakers.

I'm going to be getting the Vintage cab probably with the Wheat grill cloth.

Does anyone have any advice on speakers? I currently have a Marshall 1960a and I've always been a fan of the G12T75's but I'm thinking of maybe doing a mix of the 75's and the Hellatone 60's (Avatar's worn in Vintage 30's)? Has anyone tried this pair? My other option is maybe doing the G12K100's? I'm looking for versatility in my sound. I got from cleans, to crunch, to chugging metal, to shred lead.

Or...should I just do the norm and get 4 Vintage 30's?

I have a 212 Avatar open back with 30 watt Hellatone 30's, and I think they are very versatile. The cleans are extremely good, and they can get dirty/crunchy with the best of them. I power them with a Musicman 50 head. My TOVerb has Celestion V30's in it, and it's a pretty close race for quality of sound. Of course the TOVerb amp has it all over the MM, but speaker wise, the Hellatones are great.

Good Luck
Mike

So I'm leaning more towards the X pattern of the Hellatone 60's and the G12T75's. I think the Vintage 30 (Hellatone) will fill in the gaps of the G12T75 and give me a better balance.

Alright, I bit the bullet!!!! I'm doing an X pattern of the G12k-100 and the Hellatone 60's. I wanted something different than what I had but something that covered a lot of ground. I think the G12k100 and Hellatone 60 will compliment each other well. I'm so freakin' excited!!!! I ordered my first 4x12 from Avatar like 7 years ago. I'm really really excited about this one! Now...I just have to find a 2:90 for a decent price to use with my ENGL 530 and my Digitech GSP1101 and I'm set!!! I have a new 4 space Gator case that should be here any minute now and I will have my rack completely finished!!! haha! I've been saving up so long and now I'm finally getting some good gear again! Excuse me if I'm excited. I had to drink a bunch of rum so I could place the order. I always have a hard time spending large amounts of money so I have to get myself a little drunk to do it! lol

Latest posts

Back