ordering a Mark IV, short or long?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which Mark IV head for my rig?

• short

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • long

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

barneyc4

Reaction score
I'll be ordering a Mark IV tomorrow. Should I go with a long or short head?

Btw, can you post a pic of a long and a short head?

My Mark IV will sit on top of a Mesa Traditional Stiletto 4x12 (slanted)

I don't think you can get the short head anymore.. couple of people have reported this and one posted an email from Kris Dilbeck saying it was being phased out.. so it looks like your choice is made unfortunately :idea: :?:

I have a wide combo and a short head with Thiele. I prefer the short head over the wide combo because of the thiele cab. I would recommend looking around for a used shorty head if you plan on using a thiele possibly in the future. If you use a horizontal 212 or 412 cab then the medium head looks much better atop those IMO.

Greg

If you've got a 4x12 it has to be the medium head to call it by it's proper name !! Plus it has a mains light, two switches on the front that are on the back of the short head, easier mounting of the footswitch and a bit more room internally for heat dissipation. :D

I have the medium head and it looks a lot better on a 4x12 than the short head.

It's kinda sad to hear they're phasing out the short head. Now that I own a rack, I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get the short head. It would have been easier to get a simple rack and mount the head in there too, rather than heading a head/rack combo case.

Latest posts

Back