Ordered some Beamblockers today!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered some beamblockers today. Just to try them out! maybe my 2x12 recto cabs will sound better with them in front of the speakers. anyone else here uses beamblockers???

Let me know what you think.

Nocki

Please do a follow up. I read about these and many folks swear by them. At times I will just place a guitar on a stand in front of the speakers to sort of break things up. How do you mount them so they don't rattle around?

brianf

Could someone give me a link to this and tell me exactly what they do? I've never heard of them....

95__big.jpg

Beamblockers will stop the high notes to be shot forward and trow them to the sites so high notes will be mixex with mid and bass notes that get spread to the sites...

Nocki

http://www.webervst.com/blocker.html

You can always email Ted at Weber VST and ask him for the entire low down. If you tell him the amp you use, and the cabs & speakers, he will most likely be able to tell you if they will help you or not.

They are great guys and very honest. If they think a product won't help you, they will simply tell you so, or offer something else that might be better for your particular application.

As for mounting, they appear to just bolt onto your speaker, using the speaker mounting bolt.

Gaffa??? You think i Play Mesa amps for the sound??? I play m only for the looks and the cool manuals they include!

Gaffa on a nice looking cab... what will the girls in the audience say???

:)

Nocki

Hi all,

They came in today!!! I still have to try them out!.

First impression:

its a little plate with a paper cone wich is coated with some velvet like fabric.

beamblocker.JPG

I can testdrive my cab tomorow and Ill let you know how it sounds!

Nocki

Nocki said:
Hi all,

They came in today!!! I still have to try them out!.

First impression:

its a little plate with a paper cone wich is coated with some velvet like fabric.

beamblocker.JPG

I can testdrive my cab tomorow and Ill let you know how it sounds!

Nocki

So hows it sound? and how do you get that grill off?

I'm really considering these for my avatar! Waiting on your review!

And, did you get the 4" or 5" dome?

I think it is the 5"inch dome. allthough i'm not shure.

I still have to use it in band practice but at home they sound great!

Ill let you guys know more as soon as i played it in our studio!

I got the 4" for my two Mesa 4x12's. They work great, my stage sound, volume and dispersion have improved dramatically, greatly improved FOH mix because the stage volume has come down and at the same time I can hear better.

Mark Day

Latest posts

Back