OMG OMG OMG check this out... read it.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are there more than one version of IIC? for example simul, non-simul... and how much would it be the upgrade to C+?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This amp has some markings around the plug that look to have been slightly cleaned/rubbed off above and below the plug too. Can it be a IIC+ that is just ignorantly sold as a IIC? The seller states that it belonged to her deceased husband. The reason that I say that is because she is selling a 2x12 Mesa cab and calling it a Diezel also. She states that she didn't pay much attention to his hobby so for all we know it might be. The cab a Diezel, not likely but the amp a IIC+ and not a IIC maybe...

she already stated the serial no.why not check with mike bendinelli..

Hm, Owen, WI... about 3 hours from my house.

Hm...

How much does Mark B. charge for the C->C+ upgrade?

I had my MK2C upgraded to the + along with the simuclass modification last March (06). $500 was the cost plus another $100 (I think) for replacement caps, a broken octal valve socket and the removal of some previous owner's homemade modification circuit. I won't say how much I paid for shipping to / from the UK :shock: It now lives in a figured maple cabinet that came from a MkIII LE.
Ian

Serial # is too low to be a C+ I think. Nice amp though. The price to have it upgraded is a bit of a buzz-kill,no? :?

Last time I checked, the mod from C->C+ is $300 straight to Mike. Then an additional fee for the check up from the factory, and new tubes. I had a stock circuit IIc. It was wayy to harsh and did not have any gain. Now the C+ is smooth as hell and has tons of gain and I love it. I think that IIc is actually a IIc because has a higher serial, but was only a C. 121XX.
-Ryan

"...and took extremely good care of it. He always made sure that it was clean and..."

Has anyone noticed all the dust on the amp in the pictures?

Telelee said:
"...and took extremely good care of it. He always made sure that it was clean and..."

Has anyone noticed all the dust on the amp in the pictures?

In two years things can get very dusty.

But what drags my attention: "To my knowledge the circuit board is all original".

How the hell does someone who doesn't know a lot about these amps care and know about such things?

How the hell does someone who doesn't know a lot about these amps care and know about such things?

Maybe she was told this when she had her amp looked at. She said that she had taken the amp to a few shops to see what it was and what it was worth. I am assuming that maybe whoever looked at it took out the chassis to check for mods.

Russ said:

Maybe she was told this when she had her amp looked at. She said that she had taken the amp to a few shops to see what it was and what it was worth. I am assuming that maybe whoever looked at it took out the chassis to check for mods.

That's true....

As far as the serial number goes, I think this is just a IIC. I looked on some webpages that claim anywhere from 11xxx to 14xxx are IIC+, however the start serial number from M/B is 125xx, and some odd number just prior to that number may also be C+. A good friend of mine purchased a 12494 serial number mark IIC and was told by Mike B that it is a + due to the output transformer and some other electrical identifications and how close it is to the "official" start. They claimed at 125xx just because it is a nice round number. Also, the + conversion is $200. I may be wrong, it's just what I heard, someone hear would probably know more than I.

Latest posts

Back