Old and gray, R.I.P. STR415

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoner

Reaction score
Crap. 'Nuff said. Z
DSCN3635boog.jpg

Gts, it was (it had 4 of the 415's when I got it, now only one remains alive) and I'm hoping that the magic will still be ther after some new tubes. I think that they may have all been the original tubes in this thing, so I guess it is about time for something to give as I have been working it hard for some time now. Z

Buddy said:
RR said:
carlosasi said:
In the distance I hear bagpipes playing a somber send off.
Yup, "Amazing Grace"

Nah , sounds more like a heavily distorted , syncopated version of "The girl from Ipanema "

Yeah, or amazing grace and girl from Ipanema played at the same time heavily gained up with another 3 guitar in unison and harmony's to each guitar part..

At 130 DB...

the prefect send off..

on a lighter note i am getting a quad with my mk IIc+ when i get it..

Boogiebabies said:
Shep said:
Boogiebabies said:
Yes, definately lost vacuum. Sorry for your loss.

Everyone thank Tom for wagging his four incoming.

No problem's.. :wink:

For you, you Aussie IIC+ owning 415 hoarder.... :D

You'll be in heaven. Enjoy it broheem. :D

yeah i really can't wait.. it should be in my hands Monday.. i will take some better gut shot's and some other stuff as well see if you have any little thing's that can be done to it..

how far off to yours is #13378?

Shep said:
Boogiebabies said:
Shep said:

For you, you Aussie IIC+ owning 415 hoarder.... :D

You'll be in heaven. Enjoy it broheem. :D

yeah i really can't wait.. it should be in my hands Monday.. i will take some better gut shot's and some other stuff as well see if you have any little thing's that can be done to it..

how far off to yours is #13378?

Which one ?

There's the tolex combo # 1312X, tolex head # 1406X and Imbuya combo # 1362X. I have swapped the tolex combo out to a hardwood head shell.

gts said:
Shep said:
Boogiebabies said:
Yes, definately lost vacuum. Sorry for your loss.

Everyone thank Tom for wagging his four incoming.

Dare I say how many I have :shock: :wink: :)

Z I think some winged C's will make happy replacements

George,

Do you mean IIC+'s or STR-415's ? I'm sure you have a good stash of both. :D

I don't have a problem with my stash of unused 415's, but I would promise my liver, kidneys, heart and a $ 2.00 bill to anyone who has some fresh STR-416's !!!!!!! Just two 416's and I can put together a IIC+ with all possible factory preamp and power tubes. I can get a duet of Phillips 6CA7's, but I gotta have the green paint man !!!!

Latest posts

Back